Who's porting to Sprint and paying ETF?

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am. I sold me and my wife's iPhone's about two weeks ago and I am porting to Sprint on Friday. I just called them and the ETF for one phone is $95 and $120 for the other.
    So whoever said the ETF fee was increased...I dont think that is accurate.

Advertisement
  2. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Well-Known Member

The ETF is increased, but it will be for those customers starting a new ATT contract.
    I also sold my 3gs 2 months ago and will be porting over my ATT number come Friday.
    I am presently using the HD2 on ATT network.
    My fee should be the same as yours.

3. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

it only applied to people who signed new contracts after june 1st....i also heard sprint will give u a $100 credit if you port your number so u may want to check that out.

Putty likes this.
  4. madhoosier357

madhoosier357 Member

I sold my iPhone, paid the ETF of $90. Switched my wife to sprint and paid t-mobile $200 (eight months into her contract).

But the family plan with sprint is at least $50 cheaper than what we were paying, so it will work it self out eventually.

5. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

My fiancee is. She's getting off of an LG Dare on Verizon and moving over to Sprint and an EVO. Between my discounts and the cheaper family plan, she'll be saving a good 30 bucks a month, and that's coming from just a Dare.

6. Putty

O'Rly!

7. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

this is what i have been hearing...a call to sprint would confirm this

8. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain the porting credit is only for business accounts, but it can't hurt to ask them.

9. Putty

That's what I have, my friend. Making a call now. Standby.

10. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

yup, porting from ATT as well.

11. bhagiratha

I think the porting number credit is only for corporate accounts.
    I did tell the rep that I was porting over, but she didn't mention anything about a $100 credit. would be great if that was the case.

I am hoping to just pick up a unit at my local RS store on Friday. Hopefully they wouldn't charge me for activation.

12. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Porting from AT&T, and paying an $80 ETF. With Sprint discounts, I break even in 4 months (not including the money I made by selling my iPhone).

Assuming my wife likes my phone, and our Sprint coverage is as good as everyone says, we'll also be terminating her contract early, and paying $100 ETF on hers as well. We'll be selling her iPhone also.

13. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member

I'm moving both my phone number and my wife's over to Sprint on Friday, as well. We both ditched Sprint a few years ago when the iPhone came out and we've regretted it ever since. The good thing is that my wife's line is out of contract so it isn't going to cost anything to move it. Mine is a different story, though. It'll probably cost me $110 to end my AT&T contract, but it could be less.... I haven't checked my ETF in a while.

14. bhagiratha

I got $650 from my unlocked 3GS on ebay. That pretty much covers my EFT and the cost of the EVO, plus extra. It was a great sale. :):D

15. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Me to the tune of about $300, but since I also purchased sprint stock and made 20% over two weeks I'm going to call it a win. :D

16. Putty

Just spoke with Sprint and that $100 promo has expired. I told him a rep told me about it. For my trouble, he was will to waive activation fees on both lines....IF, I was getting from a Sprint store. There was nothing he could since I am getting from Best Buy.

17. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

I will be porting as well, I think I will be paying around $130 ETF.

18. Putty

Once this is all said and done I wonder if a report comes out of the amount of people that left other carriers for Sprint and the EVO, via ETFs paid.

19. vblick

vblick Well-Known Member

This is a false rumor. My bro works for sprint and said they are not giving credit. Sprint online chat person said the same thing. I think you might get a discount if you jump to a corporate account though.

20. phantomevo77

phantomevo77 Well-Known Member

I'm not porting over, since I moved and now I want a local number :p. But I'll be paying $120 for the ETF. Sold my iPhone for $425. Covers ETF, Evo 4G, Activation, Account Deposit, and BodyGuardz!!

LESS THAN 2 DAYS!

21. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

I been out of contract with Sprint since August 2008, i been paying month to month since then, and i finally found a reason to renue my contract with Sprint, cant wait will Friday to get my hands on the EVO

22. marleynyc

marleynyc Well-Known Member

I will be. As the original poster, I too sold my iphone as well as my wifes. However only she was still on a contract so just one $200 ETF from Tmobile.
    Got $450 for my 3Gs $400 for her 3G. So that covers both phones, the ETF and accessories! :) :)

23. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I'm porting from AT&T and eating some ETF to the tune of $250ish for both my lines. I bought the fiance's BlackBerry last August and now I'm really paying for it.

As others have said, the monthly savings will offset it vs what I was paying at AT&T.

24. spider055

spider055 Well-Known Member

I will be porting as well. I think my EFT will be around $85..:rolleyes:

25. avengence

avengence Well-Known Member

Im going to cancel att and pay the ETF on one line which is 70 dollars. With the amount im saving switching to sprint I will save that much in 2 months. Def worth it for me!