Who's selling the Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. yadidisine

yadidisine New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if Best Buy or Radioshack will carry the Captivate on the release date?

Advertisement
  2. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

My local Radio Shack said they probably won't and my local Best Buy said they may, but since AT&T uses Sunday launches they sometimes don't get them until Monday.

3. Jreitnauer7

Jreitnauer7 Well-Known Member

I'm hearing the same thing around me.

4. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

I called Amazon, the lady said "I'm sorry, we don't have advance information. You'll have to check the site when the device is available."

5. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

two local best buy's said to check back, they said they'd be getting it but it may be a few days after official release.

6. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Amazon has a phone number?!?!? :eek:

;)

7. Vestitor

Vestitor Member

I checked my local Best Buy and was told that they already had a few in stock but couldn't get them out yet. Said they should have them available on Sunday.

8. maerlim

Heh, yep! Even better, if you go to amazonwireless.com (instead of amazon.com) you have more options like renewing your existing contract. AND amazonwireless.com has the phone number very prominent at the top of their page. :D

By the way, just got off the phone with my local Best Buy. They will have it on the 18th. Minor suckage, Best Buy has a promotion where you get 500 Reward Zone bonus points if you buy an Android phone... through the 17th (500 Reward Zone points equals a $10 coupon). I may just show up on the 17th and see if they'll sell me one anyway. :)

9. maerlim

Another minor update on amazonwireless.com... If they price the Captivate like they have the Vibrant, they're currently doing pre-orders for the Vibrant for $149 on a new contract, or $199 on an existing contract. Looks like I'll be picking up my Captivate at the local Best Buy.