• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's watching the unpacked event Live?

it's called design language!!!!!

Samsung is not change their design every year, your product will never have a signature look if you change design every generation.

Why are products like Macbook, Thinkpad so popular, because they don't change their design signature.

And why are companies like HTC failing, because they pull out random design over year, a person can't not because attached to a brand if the look of the product changes all the times.

Edit:can't criticise a brand here too much.

Listen man...I get what your saying! But you just mentioned lap tops, not smart phones! In the smart phone world things move really really fast. And revolutionary designs is what it's going to be all about. Lets just say samsung decided to maybe add some metal to they're new S4, or maybe changed the layout of touchwiz a little bit? You see in the tech game now you have to take chances, it's just that simple. do you really think Apple will reign supreme forever at the rate they're going, no way...They are going to have to bring a ton of brand new stuff to the game in 2013, which they will...A new ipad, a new mini with a retina screen, new macbooks, and I can guarantee you the hardware of the iphone will be updated...We are coming into a time when people enjoy a quality device that can back up the cost with looks...

What Sammy just did was basically give you a GS3s...thats not revolutionary in my book for 2013. Now as I stated previously, if someone is coming off a GS2, or maybe a Gnex then I can see them being pretty excited. But for people who really pay attention to tech, this is a bit underwhelming. I don't want to make this a GS4 vs HTC one thread, but in all honestly...Based on what each manufacturer has presented with they're new flag ship devices, my nod goes to HTC for really putting the time and effort into building a real head turner of a device that screams absolute Quality! Different strokes for different folks partner...

Upvote 0
Listen man...I get what your saying! But you just mentioned lap tops, not smart phones! In the smart phone world things move really really fast. And revolutionary designs is what it's going to be all about. Lets just say samsung decided to maybe add some metal to they're new S4, or maybe changed the layout of touchwiz a little bit? You see in the tech game now you have to take chances, it's just that simple. do you really think Apple will reign supreme forever at the rate they're going, no way...They are going to have to bring a ton of brand new stuff to the game in 2013, which they will...A new ipad, a new mini with a retina screen, new macbooks, and I can guarantee you the hardware of the iphone will be updated...We are coming into a time when people enjoy a quality device that can back up the cost with looks...

What Sammy just did was basically give you a GS3s...thats not revolutionary in my book for 2013. Now as I stated previously, if someone is coming off a GS2, or maybe a Gnex then I can see them being pretty excited. But for people who really pay attention to tech, this is a bit underwhelming. I don't want to make this a GS4 vs HTC one thread, but in all honestly...Based on what each manufacturer has presented with they're new flag ship devices, my nod goes to HTC for really putting the time and effort into building a real head turner of a device that screams absolute Quality! Different strokes for different folks partner...

I think you are confusing design language with hardware improvement.

Upvote 0
Thread reopened. Let's all remember it's just a phone guys. There will be thousands more after this one. ;)

People forget that! Like Early said, Deep emotional attachment!

We're all just walking through life, and are a slip or fall away from leading very different lives...After all, that left or right turn could have made more of a difference then you'll ever now!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones