Why a new update for a 3 year old phone?General

1. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

I just received an update 4.08.605.19 for my old Dinc this morning. I read it is supposed to stop the rebooting issue which I've never had, I still have a sound issue with it. Wonder how this will improve the phone? Has anyone updated and did you see an improvement? Faster, sound quality etc?

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if it's a way to find where someone just rooted or something illegal. Just sayin....:confused: :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

3. rinch

rinch Member

Mine updated this morning. X fingers.
  4. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Man thanks for the link! I can't believe that update has been out since last June and I'm just getting it. With all the trouble this has caused I just wonder if the "fix" has been "fixed"? :D

I am very skeptical now and like others has commented mine's out of warranty too.....way out! This constant update reminder is driving me nuts- is there any way stop it?? :confused:
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Rooting isn't illegal... :)
  6. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

If ya don't get caught it ain't! Lol. I read the max was 5 years in the pokey and a $500,000 fine! :)
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

8. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

9. JCUMV

JCUMV Well-Known Member

I got the update this morning too. Just came here after it tweet to see what people were saying about it. Not many of us Dinc users left, it seems. My phone still runs great and I have no issues, other than little annoyances here and there that have been posted by others as well.
    rinch likes this.
  10. rinch

rinch Member

Mine is fine too....so far.
  11. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Yeah I did mine 2 days ago and good so far....still having that muffle sound from the OP though.
  12. psdpro

psdpro Member

My DInc's been trying to update itself for half a year now because of the lousy memory problems it's always had. Only way to get it to take is do a hard format. Looks like I'm glad I waited to see if there would be any more updates. Maybe I'll take a day and actually wipe the phone clean again for this one.
  13. today

today Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it. Might as well gain root access while your at it.
  14. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Is there a link or video on how to root my Dinc? Maybe that would cure it and I could hear ppl again! :)