why a smaller battery!!!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. m.vasquez009

m.vasquez009 Well-Known Member

can someone help to answer why the att version of the sgs2 has a smaller battery than the sprint version of the phone?? and would the smaller battery size impact the battery life of the phone alot?

2. Rickray1701

Rickray1701 Member

Based on comparing specs, I believe the battery in the Sprint version is larger because of the WiMax 4G radio. That and LTE are much hungrier radios than hspa+ that AT&T is using. This version (AT&T) has the same size battery and radios that the international version has, and the battery life claims for that version have been pretty good from what i've read. I don't think there is anything to worry about.
  3. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Because of 4.5" display vs. 4.3" display. Yes, the Sprint phone will only last 1yr 12 months instead of 2 years.
  4. t90

t90 Member

Well, there is always this option ...

5. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

wow that 2000 mAh looks incredible
  6. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

T-Mo version (4.5" screen) will have 1850 mah battery according to their spec sheet.
  7. HeroNtheShadow

HeroNtheShadow Well-Known Member

I wonder how much this costs.... might have to do some looking around if the battery life isn't that great with the 1650mah
  8. t90

t90 Member

I believe that battery was originally only available in Europe, but I see over at XDA that many here in the states have been able to find them here as well.
  9. HeroNtheShadow

HeroNtheShadow Well-Known Member