why a smaller battery!!!!!!Support

1. m.vasquez009

m.vasquez009 Well-Known Member

can someone help to answer why the att version of the sgs2 has a smaller battery than the sprint version of the phone?? and would the smaller battery size impact the battery life of the phone alot?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rickray1701

Rickray1701 Member

Based on comparing specs, I believe the battery in the Sprint version is larger because of the WiMax 4G radio. That and LTE are much hungrier radios than hspa+ that AT&T is using. This version (AT&T) has the same size battery and radios that the international version has, and the battery life claims for that version have been pretty good from what i've read. I don't think there is anything to worry about.
  3. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Because of 4.5" display vs. 4.3" display. Yes, the Sprint phone will only last 1yr 12 months instead of 2 years.
  4. t90

t90 Member

Well, there is always this option ...

[​IMG]
  5. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

wow that 2000 mAh looks incredible
  6. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

T-Mo version (4.5" screen) will have 1850 mah battery according to their spec sheet.
  7. HeroNtheShadow

HeroNtheShadow Well-Known Member

I wonder how much this costs.... might have to do some looking around if the battery life isn't that great with the 1650mah
  8. t90

t90 Member

I believe that battery was originally only available in Europe, but I see over at XDA that many here in the states have been able to find them here as well.
  9. HeroNtheShadow

HeroNtheShadow Well-Known Member