Why am i having to charge up my phone every day?Support

Last Updated:

1. mollythecat

mollythecat Member

For previous phones, i would maybe charge it once every 3/4 days but for this one, im having to charge it daily just to stop battery running out. if i use it more, sometimes i have to charge it even more frequently.
    how can this be?
    and if i continue at this rate, wont it wreck the battery??

Andima likes this.
  2. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

About normal.
    Same here.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  3. mark5019

mark5019 Well-Known Member Contributor

i use juice defender and the built in power saving mode i get 12.15 hrs on a charge
    mollythecat likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums, Molly.

Unfortunately what you have there is less of a phone with some features and more of a mini-computer with advanced communication capabilities. Daily charging for smart phones is very common. And no, you won't hurt the battery at all. They are designed to be charged frequently and actually do better on smaller, more frequent charges.

mollythecat likes this.
  5. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Most of the android phone has 6-10 hours battery life. Most probably your previous phone 2G one.
    mollythecat likes this.
  6. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member

Its really up to your usage..screen on time does tend to consume your battery a lot..and so does automatic sync ...i use a custom Rom ..checkrom hd v6 with through siyah kernel..keep sync refresh intervals at the highest possible level..swiych off data when i dont need it...and easily manage 26 to 28 hrs on a single charge...but then i rarely play games or videos on my phone...average 15 odd calls a day..and a few texts..do use tapatalk and tweetcaster a lot though
    mollythecat likes this.
  7. Perno

Perno New Member

I just got a new S2 so I popped by here and saw you say that these phones do better on smaller/more charges? Where can I read more on that?

I'm still in the belief that I'm supposed to power train my battery all the way dead then all the way back up, is that wrong? I'd LOVE to be wrong in this case, thanks!
  8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The old NiCad batteries did well with deep discharges, but the LiIon batteries that are in modern electronics can actually be damaged if you let them repeatedly discharge completely.

HowStuffWorks "Lithium-ion Battery Life and Death"

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Perno likes this.
  9. Perno

Perno New Member

10. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

Yes, it really depends on how you use it and what ROM you run, with what features on, if not talking a lot, I can even go 48 hours... but usually not. The big screen can suck up some juice, that's for sure.... I do miss my old phone at times, physical keyboard and 4 days on a charge... But for what it does the GS2 is awesome.