• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why are my apps stored on SD Card not accessible

cubstuff

Aug 9, 2010
Cannot seem to be able to access apps stored on SD card. Pic of app does not even show up, just a generic picture (Same picture for all apps). At time, after rebooting, the apps are available as they should be. Also, I can download apps when the SD card apps are not available, but they will not install. Running UD8. Anyone have any help? Getting to be very frustating. Thanks.

it is because your not giving them time to load up off the SD card. those generic icons WILL switch to the apps icon when they all load up off the SD card. at that time, you will also be able to access and use them.

as a rule, I try not to keep apps on my home screens that are on the SD card as the phone lags in starting up and loading up until they are all read off the SD card.

Upvote 0
In my case, a little while after reboot, I also have to restart LauncherPro for the SD card icons to appear on my home screens and the apps to be fully accessible from those icons. Neall

yes ndoren I have seen this as I also use LP. this only was an issue in the newest LP release. at times I also have to restrat LP to see icons on the desktop despite the fact the Sd card is loaded. I believe that is a LP issue though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones