• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why are my photos and videos "broken"

mrcaptain

Jun 22, 2010
I've got a 32GB Samsung SDHC micro sd card. I have around 400 photos and videos on it. However, around half of them are "broken", and aren't able to be viewed or transferred to my computer.

Is there any way I can get them back? Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Some of the photos were taken on another micro sd card and transferred over to this one when I got it. They were fine until recently.

Really annoyed and want these photos back, as they are all photos of my kids.

No other files on the card are affected, only around 200 or so photos and videos.

Using a galaxy Note, but this is more of a general android question than phone specific.

Are they broken when opening them through the phone and through a memory card creader on a PC. If you haven't tried one, try it. If they can only open on the phone, you could use ES File explorer to upload to a PC.

Using a card reader (make sure it can handle SDHC cards) you could try a recovery tool, such as Piriform Recuva. It's more for deleted files, but worth a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones