• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why are people so opposed to buying from Verizon?

jreed2560

Android Expert
Dec 31, 2009
Tennessee
Why are people so opposed to buying from Verizon? Knowing the training that VZW reps get soley on VZW products and services vs. BBM getting abreviated training on each carrier and based on what my wife says (shes an tier 2 LNP coordinator) BBM reps cause more issues with peoples bills, porting, accounts than anyone. Not saying that ALL BBM reps are idiots or that ALL VZW reps are saints(trust me I know plenty or corporate store horror stories) But on the whole it seems better to go straight to the source. Now if you are, or know, a good BBM rep I'm not speaking to or about you so please don't take offense. But to me considering BB is who turned this whole thing in to what it is today with loose lips, uniformed reps making claims they can't back up, and putting a device up for preorder(albeit at VZW ok) and then treating them like stray dogs that won't go away because they have the nerve to ask about an item they've already partially paid for. I for one will be glad when this whole fiasco is over with. but until then..........F5, F5, F5, F5...., etc.... LOL

Why are people so opposed to buying from Verizon? Knowing the training that VZW reps get soley on VZW products and services vs. BBM getting abreviated training on each carrier and based on what my wife says (shes an tier 2 LNP coordinator) BBM reps cause more issues with peoples bills, porting, accounts than anyone. Not saying that ALL BBM reps are idiots or that ALL VZW reps are saints(trust me I know plenty or corporate store horror stories) But on the whole it seems better to go straight to the source. Now if you are, or know, a good BBM rep I'm not speaking to or about you so please don't take offense. But to me considering BB is who turned this whole thing in to what it is today with loose lips, uniformed reps making claims they can't back up, and putting a device up for preorder(albeit at VZW ok) and then treating them like stray dogs that won't go away because they have the nerve to ask about an item they've already partially paid for. I for one will be glad when this whole fiasco is over with. but until then..........F5, F5, F5, F5...., etc.... LOL

The reason I went with BB is the pre-order. I got a front spot guaranteeing me a phone in case there's limited quantity.

Upvote 0
Very true. I always buy from Verizon directly. Only reason to go with Best Buy this time would be, if phone was cheaper or same price, available sooner, and with their free buy back program based on full retail price. Almost all of this is up in the air now so I would be happy to buy from Verizon still with a full refund from Best Buy, preferably cash. I would not reward them by using a gift card in their store.

Upvote 0
...and no phone the day of your order. The only upgrade fee verizon corportate charges is for early upgrades, but the indirect that I work for can still do early upgrades and doesn't charge a fee for it! And most will Give you credit for the activation fee off the price of th phone. Billing to the account is the one thing we can't do, but there is a limit to the amount you can bill to the account. Besides I thought we were talking about porting? I don't know if new customers can bill to the account ( I may be wrong)

wow, same person different thread. I didn't even look, I just thought this was in response to me telling you to do a port instore LOL. I just woke up, shoulda had caffeine before I started posting this morning!

Upvote 0
I'm not opposed, in fact I would prefer it. They don't offer preorders. This is a problem. If I want a phone, I don't want to have to go into the VZW store and hope that I catch them with the phone in stock. The online store doesn't always seem to get stock as quickly as the retail stores / retail partners like BB. If VZW offered preorders for existing customers (more seniority = the earlier you're offered a spot in the preorder line), I'd buy from them for certain.

Upvote 0
I am currently with AT&T and eagerly looking forward to move to Verizon. How long does it take to get my transferred over from AT&T to Verizon? The agent at the Verizon store said that it should take less than a day. However, I am apprehensive about this owing to previous bad experiences with number transfers.

Hey! I made the switch from AT&T two years ago and at first I read that porting the numbers and all that took anywhere from hours to days...totally wrong. It's almost instantaneous. Now, if you have a lot of data on that sim card that you want transferred, maybe that's a different story, but setting up the account and porting your AT&T number to your new verizon phone and account won't take any time at all!

Reactions: Red Devil
Upvote 0
I am currently with AT&T and eagerly looking forward to move to Verizon. How long does it take to get my transferred over from AT&T to Verizon? The agent at the Verizon store said that it should take less than a day. However, I am apprehensive about this owing to previous bad experiences with number transfers.

porting is sooo easy. as said above, its almost instantaneous! Just be sure you have your at&t account number and your billing account password/pin. That will ensure you service is transfered as fast as possible. If you can't locate those, tell the rep to substitute the SSN of the At&t account holder in those fields. That way the port center has it to verify the account for you and they won't need to call you for further information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones