Why are there no accessories? Seriously Verizon...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have to say that Verizon has really dropped the ball here on accessories. I have money in hand, that I'm DYING to give to them for such basic necessities as a desktop dock that charges the phone and a car dock that charges the phone. Yet, they released some half assed generic-ish car dock with no charging features, and a desktop dock is still not out.

Further, where is the extended battery? This is a BETTER phone than the N1, yet we don't even have 1/100th of the accessories that the N1 does.

The funny thing is it's not like the Incredible launch was a surprise for verizon! The rumors were circulating around for close to a year. And it's not like these accessories are new inventions - hell, the extended battery is the same damn extended battery for the TP2 and Imagio.

Why the hell doesn't Verizon have accessories ready to go at launch? Business incompetence or some other strange reason?

Either way, it's very frustrating.

Advertisement
  2. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

The n1 has more its been out more and backed more by google.

But yeah verizon doesn't have many acc ready yet. only cases and a car dock.

3. mrk1984

mrk1984 Well-Known Member

I must agree, I went to VW store and Best Buy today to get some accessories, but nothing but a few cases (which i'm holding out on bc i don't know what i'm gonna do about an extended battery)

I probably wont buy anything Verizon branded but the 2150(?) battery if it comes, because they are so expensive ($25 for a universal car charger???) but it would be nice to see something.

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

This happens with a lot of phones. Once a phone comes out it takes a few weeks.

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%!!! I think it's rather lame....of course they know we will most likely hold out for them....unless someone else gets them to market first!

6. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Patience is a virtue :). Here's my "the glass is half full view": I'm anxiously waiting as well, but I would much rather that they did not delay the launch of the phone waiting for all the accessories to be ready.

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Dude, it's been out 11 days. Patience is a virtue.

8. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

wow, angry much? there is already the 1750 battery that doesnt need a new rear case if you want one. Its been barely a week. Most phones dont have alot of accessories at launch, hell i was surprised they had as many case options as they did actually.

9. Nitecaller

Nitecaller Active Member

When I spoke with a customer Rep at Otterbox he appologized and said that they were not able to get their hands on an Incredible till release day so they couldn't start working on products till then. :(

10. runin2k1

runin2k1 Active Member

I've been to most every Verizon store, and Best Buy in my area and none of them have any Incredible accessories in stock at all. I've been wanting to pick up the red metal case since launch but haven't been able to see one in a store to get.

Even checked the Best Buy in just south of San Francisco today and they didn't have anything in stock either. Overall, pretty frustrating.

11. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah I'm patiently waiting for the Seidio spring-clip holster. I paid for the desktop dock the day I bought the phone and I'm still waiting for it. In time.

12. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I got my phone on Friday(a week ago ish) and I went to verizon for a case on sunday and they had the black rubberized 1 and the red/black 1(which I bought) and a clear plastic 1...the employees were talking about how verizon dropped the ball bc this phone wasn't released with anything and that the moto droid was sold with a 16gb card and these were given a 2gb if u pre ordered, thats pathetic, it's like a joke to me...

13. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

It's nothing new. I own a Verizon store and we can hardly ever get accessories when a new phone launches. It's usually at least a couple weeks before we can get anything. The Samsung Reality that launched a week or two ago I still have nothing for in my store. Not even a dummy phone.

14. krelvinaz

krelvinaz Member

Availablity of accessories seems the same to me for the DI than with previous phones (Omnia, 5600, Trio ... )

I'm surprised that a lot pay full pop for common accessories from the Vendor when the same stuff can be obtained from outside vendors for a lot less.

It is not very surprising that outside sources may take a bit to get the new accessories as they have to have access to the product first. In the case of the DI, it is clear outside vendors didn't have access to the device before it was shipped.

One of the screen protector companies which is local to me sent a note when I pre-ordered the product to see if I had the phone so they could create the proper cut from it.

It takes time for that stuff to be designed or redesigned to fit the new phone, manufactured, shipped and stocked... in a couple weeks there will be a larger selection.

Patience

15. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

Instead of waiting for my local Verizon store, I just ordered accessories online. There were plenty available for a fraction of the price that Verizon would have had them for.

I got my case and car charger pretty damn quick, much quicker than waiting for the VZW stores that STILL don't have accessories in my area.

16. rasmith18

rasmith18 Active Member

Thats nothing, I went into an Authorized Verizon Retailer 5/5/10 and the guy there had not even heard about the Incredible. I asked do you happen to have any cases for the Incredible and he looked puzzled and said no...... havent even got one in store yet....... wait, the what?????? I said the Incredible, and his responds was, Ive never even heard of it.