Why are there so few threads here ?General

1. AppleUser

AppleUser Well-Known Member

Is this a very new phone ? Are people rooting it so that posts are in a different forum ? Are members putting posts in the MetroPCS forum ? Do few people own an F6 ?

MetroPCS said the F6 is excellent.

Advertisement
  2. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Haha! Yes, it's pretty new and people are starting work on the rooting process with it I guess. LG phones don't get a ton of attention, which is a shame.

Partly a marketing problem and also maybe a LG locked boot loader problem. I have a similar phone and there's very little chatter about it, either. :beer:
    AppleUser likes this.
  3. Apoplectic1

Apoplectic1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, its new. My Metro PCS shop only got them in Wednesday.

I'm loving mine so far.
  4. stasio

stasio New Member

For the price this is the best phone out there, i like it better than my galaxy s3 (that i broke) and its half the cost. Its just as fast and twice the battery life. The memory is small, but hasnt affected me yet.
  5. DealerMan

DealerMan Well-Known Member

I'll be getting an F6 through MPCS as soon as the price drops (Christmas, hopefully). I'll wait patiently for a reliable root as well. I'm still enjoying my 2-year-old Admire, but the buggy Pandora/bluetooth issue is driving me nuts. That one issue is what's pushing me to change phones.
  6. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Well-Known Member

I also might get this phone once best buy gets it. Hoping a good root comes out by then.
  7. Stevie D

Stevie D Well-Known Member

Fedex says our 2 F6's should be here by end of business today. We got 'em through the T-Mobile Business division. They were free phones.

I'm leaving Sprint, and giving up my older Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The stats on the F6 look to be very similar. I hope it's not too far of a downgrade.
  8. Apoplectic1

Apoplectic1 Well-Known Member

I've had mine since Oct 10th. I'm loving it so far.
  9. dukenukems

dukenukems Active Member

Getting my f6 on tuesday for t-mobile.Does it have the same resolution as the lg l-9?
  10. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I was at Best Buy today looking around and they have the F6 in stock for about $179.99. I'll be looking at getting one by December. Is this phone locked or unlocked?

Thnx.
  11. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

It's locked. I think all the LG phones are, unfortunately.
    saptech likes this.
  12. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

So if you get this phone, it's not possible to use it with another carrier? Are the phone GSM or CDMA?

Thnx.
  13. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Its both sold at metro pcs and at tmobile. So its a gsm and cdma .
    saptech likes this.
  14. hellamopeds

hellamopeds Member

Just got mine and love it. Switched from an iphone 4. Will root soon. Just enjoying it as is for now. Excited about my switch to android.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  15. missy1987nj

missy1987nj New Member

How do u root
  16. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

The lack of user involvement in this section makes people not bother posting threads or even bother answering simple questions.
    If the forum is as dead as I've been observing it people go elsewhere. There is a rather large number of users for this phone, but without an unlocked boot loader the devs can't really do much.

I plan on posting more tip threads and questions as I play with the phone. Maybe more people will start replying and posting if there is more activity. I know they stop in, I see the view counts go up every day, so I figure I will get back to my ultimate guide writing and start with this under appreciated phone.
    SP4WND likes this.