Why are there two music apps in 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running DC's latest 2.1 and I have two music apps in my app drawer. One is a speaker and the other is a pair of notes. The both seem to open the same music player. In looking in the system/app folder one is HTC and the other is Android. But as I mentioned they open the same app. Any explanation on this? Can I delete one?
    Comments are appreciated.............

Thanks so much for the help.

Lisa

Advertisement
  2. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the widgets, one is the Android stock music player, and the other one is the stock HTC Sense music player (only for HTC phones).

3. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

But they both seem to open the same app. There in my apps drawer side by side and I can't just drag it to trash. Which one is the best? Why do they open the same program? A little more detailed info would be appreciated.

Thanks....

Lisa

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I believe HTC Sense has it's own music player, and stock android has a music player as well. I also believe they are VERY similar, but not necessarily the same. You could likely delete the HTC one, or the Android one, and it wouldn't make a difference. You'd have to do it through adb though, the same way you remove the Sprint apps