• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why aren't we in tapatalk yet?

Moved to suggestion box and feedback :)

thanks for moving. now hopefully it gets seen by the right person ;) I put it in suggestion area of another site and it hasen't been looked at yet lol. like caddyman said, takes maybe 5 mins and is FREE! who can pass up on free.

ok I lied. site says 10 mins lol. and I'm including direct link to ease the difficulty......
http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin

Upvote 0
FWIW Phases, I just installed tapatalk on 2 vB forums in the last week, takes maybe 5 minutes top, all you do is upload some files and add 1 line of code in the footer. Virtually no extra load on the server either, and free advertising...

5 minutes? wow! i agree do tapatalk! it is alot cleaner than the mobile version via the web

Upvote 0
They charge iPhone users, so what's to stop them from charging Android or BlackBerry users? For that reason I wouldn't download it on any of my devices. But, more options for the site the better

As long as it's free I'll DL and use it. If they want to charge when it's out of Beta then I'll uninstall and go back to viewing full pages on my glorious Droid screen. Then again I'm not the type that pays for apps so I'm the wrong one to ask. I'm sure some would pay the two or three bucks to use it but who are we to decide that for them?

Upvote 0
I'm all for it. However this is one of those things that's up to Rob to do. I've pointed him to this thread - though I'm not sure how he feels about it.

If we get a fair amount of replies asking for it I will re-push the idea to him.

Edit: Also from what I understand it's free for limited features (read only..), paid for extra (like, reply to threads.)

Upvote 0
I'm all for it. However this is one of those things that's up to Rob to do. I've pointed him to this thread - though I'm not sure how he feels about it.

If we get a fair amount of replies asking for it I will re-push the idea to him.

Edit: Also from what I understand it's free for limited features (read only..), paid for extra (like, reply to threads.)

so far on android it is free.. on the iphone there is a free version and a 2.99 version. 2.99? thats nothing to access your fav forum in a high quality manner

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones