why aren't we in tapatalk yet?

1. mbaseball3

mbaseball3 Well-Known Member

android forums not in tapatalk yet?! how come? doesn't the site owner know its free to sign up ;)

Advertisement
  2. robb01

robb01 Member

only 2 forums I frequent use it
    tapatalk likes this.
  3. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

oh yeah, PLEASE!!!!!!
  4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

+1000
  5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Not sure why so many forums are dragging their feet on this one. A couple forums I moderate it's like pulling teeth to get the admins to implement it.
  6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Moved to suggestion box and feedback :)
  7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Will point to Rob. :)
  8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

FWIW Phases, I just installed tapatalk on 2 vB forums in the last week, takes maybe 5 minutes top, all you do is upload some files and add 1 line of code in the footer. Virtually no extra load on the server either, and free advertising...
  9. mbaseball3

thanks for moving. now hopefully it gets seen by the right person ;) I put it in suggestion area of another site and it hasen't been looked at yet lol. like caddyman said, takes maybe 5 mins and is FREE! who can pass up on free.

ok I lied. site says 10 mins lol. and I'm including direct link to ease the difficulty......
    http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin
  10. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

5 minutes? wow! i agree do tapatalk! it is alot cleaner than the mobile version via the web
  11. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

They charge iPhone users, so what's to stop them from charging Android or BlackBerry users? For that reason I wouldn't download it on any of my devices. But, more options for the site the better
  12. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

As long as it's free I'll DL and use it. If they want to charge when it's out of Beta then I'll uninstall and go back to viewing full pages on my glorious Droid screen. Then again I'm not the type that pays for apps so I'm the wrong one to ask. I'm sure some would pay the two or three bucks to use it but who are we to decide that for them?
  13. Phases

I'm all for it. However this is one of those things that's up to Rob to do. I've pointed him to this thread - though I'm not sure how he feels about it.

If we get a fair amount of replies asking for it I will re-push the idea to him.

Edit: Also from what I understand it's free for limited features (read only..), paid for extra (like, reply to threads.)
  14. mbaseball3

yeah there's talk of a pay app. if you haven't dl'ed tapatalk yet do it but. the beta is free. as soon as they decide on if its a pay or not they'll send out an update. last thing you wanna do is click update.
  15. BiGMERF

so far on android it is free.. on the iphone there is a free version and a 2.99 version. 2.99? thats nothing to access your fav forum in a high quality manner
  16. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

yeah for iphone you get rad only for free and paid for full features, right now on android it is full app for free.

Rob, if your seeing this, it a good move buddy! free for you and you get one more avenue to advertise the site!!
  17. BiGMERF

if you ask me its a win win... painless

I was navigating androidcommunity.com on tapatalk a sec ago and its a 100 percent better than the web browsers mobile version. make the move rob! ! Lol
  18. mbaseball3

I volunteer to do it for you rob. I'm new to this forum and have found a whole ton of useful info and would love to navigate thru here in a much more efficient manner. so get er done!? :D
  19. epuiatti

epuiatti Well-Known Member

Just downloaded the app now, its really amazing. Please "Rob?" do it... You will have my eternal gratitude.
  20. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

21. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Looks like there is a pro version of tapatalk out now. $2 "introductory price" until Feb 15th. Beta version will become read only by the end of Feb.
  22. BiGMERF

im going to gladly pay the 2 bucks for it.. small price to pay for such quality work. its 2.99 in the apple market

Got my nexus and bought the tapatalk apparently. Sweet deal for 1.99
  23. Phases

Enjoy, everybody say "Thank you, Rob!"
    "...also, Phases."
    :p
    3devious and DawnGP143 like this.
  24. mbaseball3

guess what I'm using? Tapatalk!!! yeah buddy! lol thanks rob! you deserve that much lol. gah bout time. now I can keep up with the 2,184 threads about 2.1 update :D
  25. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

OK so, tapatalk is terrible and unusable.. its amazingly slow, more than I thought possible. Takes about 5 mins load a subforum (over HSDPA), nevermind a thread...

Browser is much faster.