why aren't we in tapatalk yet?

Last Updated:

1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Funny - I must be pushy, then with *my* marketing - I had posted via DROID and sent via DROID as my signature every time I used the phone when I first bought it.

Now, if you have the app installed and it ells you when you are on a site (say in your browser) that you can use their app instead, I agree that you should be able to dismiss the message.

However, I personally plan on keeping the signature line b/c I like the idea of helping a little bit - and when I decide I don't want it anymore I'll get rid of it.

Seeing as I never use the browser to go to a site that I have an app for, I suppose I have never seen such annoying popups, so am unaffected by them.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Lock N Load, plain and simple, there is a slight bug on the site here that makes the alert pop up every time. This is not normal, the admins know about it, obviously they don't like it because as you said, it takes people away from the site.

When this bug is squashed, your complaint about software pimping will be moot. again this constant alert is not by design, it is an error.

if you were to browse most any other site that uses tapatalk, you will see that is only shows 1 time.

congrats, everyone is, including me....

this is how the app works. you go to your favorites, that you add, and control, and you have a clean list of the sites you selected....pretty simple stuff..
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

okay okay... understood... I'll let it go and we can move on

but the software pimping will not be over, as you still get the Follow Us On Twitter huge front and center button and the huge Tapatalk logo and contact data at the bottom of the app :D

sorry... just stiring the pot on that one I admit it ;)
  4. Lock-N-Load

Understood, I am not a total ****, but correct me if I am wrong, unless they changed it from beta, you have all those endless images/slider content of forums right at the very top... so steer around that (more of an issue in landscape but annoying anyway they are above the fold in first spot). And then, you have the Browse, Search and Just In to navigate around - more stuff mostly related to places you wont go once you et your Favs setup. Favs is in there I admit, down the page, but that is part of the bloated GUI and feature set and why I think it not laid out well and makes it a social networking forum reader, and not just a forum reader.

man... I gotta go eat dinner
  5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

caddy have you tried the apple market version? so sweeeeeet
  6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

im using the beta now, and it is literally 1 click to your favs.

open the app

you have the featured site on the top row, then buttons under. the button in the middle it favs. click that and you go to your fav page that is a list of your favs, shows nothing but that list, no featured scroller, nothing.

no i haven't, im sure it is nice, it has been developed and polished over a few years now. give the droid version time.
  7. BiGMERF

indeed, thus why i bought the android version
  8. johnlgalt

Right! It is bound to get better a they get more and more familiar with the Android SDK and the capabilities (and limitations) of the Android OS....
  9. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

I have still the free version... I tried to find android forums (this forum) but could not find it... Are we there? How do I find you guys?
  10. johnlgalt

Search - typing in android and it will list 7+ forums,and we're in the list.

That is how I found it.
    godsdragon likes this.
  11. johnlgalt

Yup, we're definitely on here....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. godsdragon

hey what do you know...i found it and i am posting from my phone...:))

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
  13. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Lock-n-load, try now.
  14. godsdragon

Thanks! That helped...:)
  15. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

I had tried tapatalk but none of the forums I read were on it. Now I have a reason to get it again!!!
  16. Lock-N-Load

well, I logged off and logged back on and I am now, it seems, no longer getting that Tapatalk alert when I visit the site :)

nice!
  17. BiGMERF

who is the man!
  18. Lock-N-Load

woot woot... now I can surf sans Tapatalk and sans annoying alert

woot woot
  19. BiGMERF

Why when I use tapatalk and search the forums the htc desire forum does not show?
  20. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

I see one under Android Phones, about 1/3 way down, between Motorola QUENCH & Dell Mini 5, just right where you'd think to look. :)
  21. BiGMERF

I dont see those either...wtf is going on.lol

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  22. gadzooks

Possibility 2. Once in Forum tab, Menu > Refresh. Stab in the dark, but did this unintentionally recently & wonder if it might be why I can see it.
    BiGMERF likes this.
  23. BiGMERF

Ill give it a shot

24. BiGMERF

it worked. You the man

25. gadzooks

Oh good. Joking possibility 3 was going to be, armed with swype & tapatalk, I'll relay, but despite marvels that they both are to me, a lifetime is probably not nearly long enough for the likes of that.