• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why buy an android phone?

Which phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i would buy a htc desire because i can make my phone look exactly how i want it, i can organise my apps into folders of my choosing, i can easily see my notifications, i love widgets, i like my apps to update in the bacground, so when i go into them they are up to date, i love my homescreens.

What i'm trying to say is, i would buy a htc desire because there simply is no alternative.

Upvote 0
I think i have heard enough good points for android/htc desire.
If you could change one thing about android/HTC desire what would it be? and why?

That is a though one.

Improved battery or maybe bigger screen. But it would still have to be AMOLED.

HOWEVER, with that in mind, I can just about use my Desire with one hand, and the screen is BIG enough. Any bigger you would have to always use 2 hands to do anything on the phone which would probably get annoying sometimes.. :p

Upvote 0
The biggest hardware difference is the front-facing camera, surely? Everything else is to do with your choice of software. If you want to make video calls only to other iPhone 4's and only on WiFi then the iPhone is an advantage. If you don't care about video calling (and who does, to be honest) then get an Android. But we are biased.

I'd say the biggest hardware difference would be the CPU. Or the back camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones