Why can't get get to 2.1 ourselves?

Last Updated:

1. dctony2010

dctony2010 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but... why is it that we are unable to root the B2 to 2.1+ ourselves? We did it with 1.6 way before Samsung announced anything. I thought Google publicly release the source codes to each Android OS. Can't we take the source and modify it to be usable on the B2? Coudn't we possibly take 2.1+ from another (possibly Samsung) phone and transfer the data over? We know Samsung's claim that the B2 could not handle 2.1+ is pure BS.

Advertisement
  2. ImABoss

ImABoss Well-Known Member

Simply because there is no source. The drivers needed to build 2.x are samsung drivers and samsung will not release them. Therefor, any update to 2.x cannot be build. That and there are no devs working on the bh2 anymore.

3. yahma

yahma Well-Known Member

Simple Reason:

There are proprietary drivers for the Behold II that we have NO SOURCE CODE for. The ONLY reason we have 1.6 is cause someone at Samsung leaked an early build.

We can get 2.x on the Behold II, but without the graphics, sound, bluetooth and radio drivers, 2.x on the Behold II is useless.....

Until (Unless) Samsung releases these proprietary bits, we are stuck forever at 1.6

4. nguyenmd

nguyenmd Active Member

how do you get 1.6 besides the official OTA update? I don't know much about rooting. Is there a step by step instructions? Thanks.

5. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    1. go to the root, rom, etc section of the forum.
    2. click the thread for the rom you want (Factory 1.6, galaxy 1.6, or no twiz BH2)
    3. read

If that's too challenging, you can use the SEARCH button.

(ok, to be fair the latest no twiz rom, take5 is not on here. If that's what you want Let me google that for you)