• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WHY can't I find a case that fits???

nightofjoy

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
I've ordered two cases now, assured by sellers that they'd fit my tab, but neither does. I feel like I'm going crazy.

My tab is the GT-P3110 (taken directly from 'about device' and measures approx 193mm x 122mm (4.8" x 7.6" x .41") - as is the spec on the Samsung site.

I managed to get a screen protector that fits, but as part of the order, this warning was issued:

"There are two different version for Tab 2, one is P3100 3G & WIFI, the other is P3110 WIFI.

Please leave a message if you would like P3110 WIFI when you make orders as we normal send P3100 off to customers."

So I was able to get the right one by specifying the former.

How can I find a case and guarantee it's going to fit my tab when the two I already ordered said they'd fit but didn't?

Yeah, I looked through there, but what I need to know is whether I've just had bad luck with two lousy sellers so far, or if the GT-P3110 7" wifi only is some freakish size that is tricky to fit.

The screen protecter guy said I needed to specify between the GT-P3110 and GT-P3100 to get the right one, but most cases seem to say they fit either model.... the plastic housing for the back of the tab needs to be exact or it won't snap in... :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones