why cant i select multiple recipients for messages?

Last Updated:

1. jezxo

jezxo New Member This Topic's Starter

i have sprint, my phone is an Epic and i love it! however when sending even a simple text i select "new message" the "to" box comes up. i have to start typing in a name to get contacts with similar names to start coming up, which i then select. then i have to repeat for the next contact...i have had cheaper phones that have allowed me to select recipients from my contact list. i have a friend who has Verizon, but has the same andrion platform (i think its a fascinate) and when she clicks on the "to" box, she gets a drop down menu that includes the word "contacts", as well as "recent calls". she clicks on that and goes right down the list selecting recipients...this is standard on her phone, as she did not dwld an app to allow this...MY epic wont do this...can i change a setting or something. Thanks. Joe

Advertisement
  2. o0Syn

o0Syn Well-Known Member

You can putt more after the comma mark just type the name or number. Or if u get frustrated like I did go out and grab Handcent off the apps store its got a much better interface for multiple recipients

3. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

And the 2.2 messaging app now has a contacts button.

4. AlySouth

AlySouth New Member

you can select multiple contacts with the following steps.....
    contacts > groups>google >pick a group > menu button > send message! > then you can select contacts > and compose your message!

Took me a while to figure it out, too =)