why can't i select multiple recipients from contacts when texting?Support

Last Updated:

1. jezxo

jezxo New Member This Topic's Starter

i have sprint, my phone is an Epic and i love it! however when sending even a simple text i select "new message" the "to" box comes up. i have to start typing in a name to get contacts with similar names to start coming up, which i then select. then i have to repeat for the next contact...i have had cheaper phones that have allowed me to select recipients from my contact list. i have a friend who has Verizon, but has the same andrion platform (i think its a fascinate) and when she clicks on the "to" box, she gets a drop down menu that includes the word "contacts", as well as "recent calls". she clicks on that and goes right down the list selecting recipients...this is standard on her phone, as she did not dwld an app to allow this...MY epic wont do this...can i change a setting or something. Thanks. Joe

Advertisement
  2. android1561

android1561 Member

I have an EVO and although I can't answer your question I like the way the Android OS handles this. I would rather search for multiple contacts then scroll through a big or huge list. That would be a major pain.

3. Bilestoad

Bilestoad New Member

One possibility is that you have some kind of conflict with another app you've installed, perhaps from the market.

I have this option on my Sprint Epic. However, I'm running a custom ROM that's based on the newer version of the Android operating system (OS), and I don't remember what the original messaging app was like. This newer OS version, which is called 'froyo', was "leaked" -- it's not yet official for the Epic (I think!), although other phones have official upgrades out.

If you haven't flashed a ROM on your phone, then you're probably running eclair, the Android version 2.1 operating system. My guess is that this option is included in froyo. Here's a screencap of what I see after I click "New message" from my messaging app, and once I click Contacts, I can choose multiple recipients:

Attached Files: