• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why cant you Receive MMS messages

wigfield

Android Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2013
My daughter has the Ace on Voadafone pay as you go but every time she gets a MMS it tells her to go to the voadafone website to download it,I set her up to get picture messages by sending a text message to 40217 and i installed what i had to do.

As she is on pay as you go packet data is not turned on.

She has had older phones where she use to get picture messages like the nokia 3510i.

On Gingerbread handsets, I think it's Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names.

There might be 2, one for MMS and one for internet.

Try/check these, see if they match what you have already:

Name – Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Proxy & Port – Please leave blank
Username – web
Password - web
Server - Please leave blank
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS PROXY - 212.183.137.012
MMS Port - 8799
MCC - 234
MNC - 15
Authentication type - None
APN type - Internet & MMS (If no selection available , leave blank )

I'll double check, see if there are any more possibilities.

Upvote 0
She'll use minimal data syncing, getting emails etc and if you make sure auto updates for Play is turned off, even less.

Does she have a data allowance or just charged for what she uses? There are apps that monitor what other apps are using data etc.

Unless something is configured wrongly, or a bad app, she probably won't use much. I'm connected to WiFi most of the time and if it wasn't for me browsing or youtube when I'm not connected to WiFi, I'd hardly use any data as the phone doesn't do much.

Upvote 0
Hi

No she doesn't have any data allowance,She doesn't use apps like gmail weather etc..At the moment she doesn't even use the internet,Just the play store.

Just been doing some research and it looks like you can set it up to use just MMS by creating a second APN,Not sure if thats the way to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones