why Desire got the froyo update first?

Last Updated:

1. ryan80

ryan80 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know why the Desire got the froyo update first when the Legend actually came out earlier than them?

Has HTC got their priorities wrong?

Advertisement
  2. duckdown

duckdown Member

Desire is a much stronger device with a faster processor and more RAM, I'm sure that has something to do with it.. The Legend uses a 1st generation processor (I'm just repeating what I've read)

3. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

I don't think it's anything to do with the processor (the processor is not 1st generation, it's the same as what's in the new Wildfire and many other HTC devices).

It's because Europe in particular has gone bananas over the Desire. It's THE phone to be seen with. (I prefer the Legend personally, big status symbol phones have never been my thing).

4. ryan80

ryan80 Member This Topic's Starter

There are some rumors that even the Wildfire will get the update earlier than us. Thats really a bad joke.

So HTC's strategy is to get the more popular phones updated first and place the less popular ones below?

5. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

Is it not because the desire is so similar to the Nexus One therefore less tinkering required by HTC to get it to work.

6. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

Not really because HTC sense will need to be reconfigured with the new OS. Just because it has the same specs, doesn't mean it'll get it first.

7. Krazywrath

Krazywrath Member

I think it's because the Desire is HTC's flagship model at the moment, and so it will have a higher priority over a phone like the Legend (yes, unfortunate for us Legend users)