• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why did 2.1 separate my contacts?

SoulSmilen

Sep 2, 2010
Houston'ish
Is there an easy way to put all my contacts back in the same 'People' list like it was when I was running 1.5?

When I updated to 2.1 some of the contacts only show up in 'All People' and it's really aggravating. What is the benefit of seeing three different lists of contacts? It's absurd.

OK I'm trying to figure this out on my own, but I'm not having any luck. I have 100's of contacts and lots of them aren't showing up on any of the lists except for 'All People' and that is basically just a popup list to scroll through (can't even search) that is worthless.

Am I missing something here? Or am I really going to have to go manually scroll through the popup 'All People' list to add all these contacts in Google to get them to appear in the list that I can edit, such as 'People'? That will take me hours!

Any help you can provide would be great.. thank you in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones