Why Did It Take So Long To Make "Keep"?

1. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

This should have been in android v1.0...

Advertisement
    :
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I'm just happy we have it now. :)
  3. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

Yeah don't get me wrong. The fact I'm TWO BUTTONS away from taking down a memo on my nexus is freaking AWESOME but it's so obvious! Why didn't they do this sooner?

I will actually go so far in fact to say this is a game changing feature for Android. I mean, does iOS or Windows 8 have a note taking app that works this fast?
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I know it's not much of an answer but I am sure they were pretty busy with a lot of other projects. It's definitely a handy program and just like all of Google's other products, I love how it syncs across platforms. I really like being able to access data from anywhere I want too.
  5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

There are several apps that offer similar function, and are well established (Evernote and Catch), so I don't know that there was an urgent need from a user's perspective for Google to come out with something similar. That said, I've always failed to see the value in these apps, but will take a look at Keep merely because it's from Google. Who knows... I may yet see the light, and possibly move to something more full featured like Evernote or Catch.
  6. AntimonyER

I love that it is integrated to Google Now, just say "take note" followed by what you want the Note to say. :)
  7. sorry for my ignorance, but what is this "keep"?
  8. AntimonyER

It's a note taking app. Think post it notes for your phone.
  9. Ain't there a plethora of such apps since the inception of Android?
    Gmash likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

Yes, but none that integrated into Google Now and the rest of Android so well.
  11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Google doesn't know enough about me, they really need my grocery list now?
  12. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Without a doubt, when Google Vampire comes out it will monitor your blood to see if you are getting the correct nutrients, if not it will alter your grocery list to ensure you are picking out the right food.
  13. don't get all these privacy phobia, so what if google knows something about you? To them you are just a statistic, one of billions of data they have.
  14. AntimonyER

Let's keep this topic on the Keep app please. I know there are Google privacy threads out there, feel free to take that discussion to those threads... Thanks. :)
  15. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

I for one have been waiting for one of these forever, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to take down a phone number and had to fumble around my phone to figure out how to do it on the fly
  16. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of trying that. That is AWESOME!

(btw, you can also just say "note")

Now if there were only some way to secure individual notes from being opened (or even the whole app I guess)

And don't forget that those of us with 4.2 (or is it 4.2.2) can add a lock screen widget so we can create a note in keep without unlocking the screen. I don't think that the other note services do that yet.
    davidchsw and AntimonyER like this.
  17. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of this!

Just downloaded it.

If it's as good as you guys say, it should come pre-installed! :)
  18. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

It's the lock screen thing that makes this so great. I'm literally 2 button pushes away from taking a voice memo.
  19. davidchsw

davidchsw Well-Known Member

I wasn't too impressed on my first look. Seeing that it is integrated with Google Now is nice. I don't see any way to group notes together. I couldn't drag a file to a note. No desktop client is bad. The web version is very limited. Because there are already so many good note apps, I don't see why Google bothered. It would be better to allow the other apps to better integrate with the os. Google needs to keep their eye on the bigger picture.
  20. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

It's OK, nice and simple, but I miss the ability to set reminders.

Linux user #266351. Android since v1.0