Why did they remove the front facing camera

1. irus

irus Active Member

So the picture im posting is from droid-life and was one of the first leaked shots of the droid x. So I just wondering if anyone else is as pissed as me at the fact that they delayed this phone just so they could remove the front facing camera and place it on the droid pro when that comes out later this year.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

That doesn't look like a front-facing camera. If they were planning on putting a front-facing camera, they wouldn't had it from the get go. Are you sure that is definitely a front-facing camera? Or like a smudge or something?
  3. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

Your assuming that's a front facing camera, it most likely is the LED indicator light or one of the proximity sensors and the phone was a prototype that had a different colored bezel and the sensors were more visable due to the coloring of the plastic/glass there.
  4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

That's a good reason. Take a look at the front of the HTC Incredible. It looked like it could have a camera too.
  5. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

6. GuardianAli

GuardianAli Active Member

thats the led/light sensor for auto brightness
  7. I highly doubt that what you saw is a front facing camera that thing is tiny I think it was the led notification not a front facing camera. Pretty sure they would have left that on if it was a camera.
  8. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

It's actually not that big. Just 5 inches tall and 2.6 inches wide. If you cut it out of a piece of cardboard you can get a feel of what it's like.
  9. I know it isnt that big but his hands make it look so tiny