Why did you buy your cell phone?

1. thefreezingesk

thefreezingesk New Member

Hey guys, I'm a 3rd year student of Advertising and I for my thesis/dissertation I am looking at how brands can be seen as 'belonging to a group' and looking at mobile phone brands to prove that. It looks at how and why you chose your mobile phone. Please take the survey below

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=qutwtxllt2aj6gt100204

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Taken. Seems like some good information you got here. If you don't mine maybe you could share the results here. I would certainly like to see the brands of devices and what people use their devices for :)
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Pretty neat survey, but by the way, there’s no ‘a’ in tethering.
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Nice survey. (Just finished it.) I use my smartphone for pretty much everything in day to day use. Phone calls, texting, social media, productivity, keeping up with my house hold calendars, picture/video taking, listening to music, watching videos/movies, keeping track of my health, use for work, browsing the internet, reading books and news and gaming. Truth be told, I never thought I'd depend so much on my smartphone before I bought one. As time went on and I learned how to use it. The endless ways it could be customized to my liking and making my life more organized and easier with everything in one place and always with me.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Finished your survey. Plese do share your results with us. Not the whole thesis just a synopsis. ;)
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

done. i have seen something like this posted in the forums before. but i also would be interested on the results.
  7. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I took it. One thing I would say is for brand you should include Google or Nexus. I have a Nexus, and my next phone will be a Nexus regardless of the OEM.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Done, nice survey. Hope it helps you for your thesis.
  9. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

good survey, but regarding salary/working, you could have also asked Working/student/retired/on benefits.
  10. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I am indifferent about whether or not I will be purchasing my next phone from the same brand, so I left it blank. I may or may not.
  11. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I missed my PDA. I had a Clie that had a lot of older apps of the stuff I have now. It had wifi, so I could get online with it, too.

Rather than carry two devices and a lot of nature guides to use on a hike, the cell phone was the easiest way out.