Why did you choose the T-Mobile S2 over the Nexus?General

Last Updated:

1. Dr. Destructo

Dr. Destructo Member

Just curious... now that the devices are similarly priced and the same T-Mobile plans are available for both what swayed you to the S2 over the Nexus? There are pros and cons with both of course. For me, I will tolerate the S2 bloatware (con) for the WAY better camera. I will give up the higher Nexus screen resolution for the better battery life (so far so good). I will take the sturdier design of the S2 over the... dare I say, cheap or plasticky feel of the Nexus.

Anyway, you get the point :)

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I bought my S2 about 6 months ago off Craigslist. I wasn't even aware of the Nexus. I would have taken it over the S2 just for the ability to run pure android, not to mention the huge development community for the Nexus.
  3. megapixle

megapixle Active Member

Wifi calling of the S2 was a consideration. When I was in Europe for 2 weeks I used wifi calling all the time and it didn't cost me anything except minutes. Would have cost a fortune otherwise.
  4. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the tall top and bottom bezels on the Nexus and I'd read of worse battery life.
    I really wanted a T Mobile Note but couldn't find one at all, let alone for 300 new. :D
  5. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

For me the lack of a micro SD card slot was the deal breaker, I know the hardware is better but space is allways an issue if you want to make your phone your go to media device on the go. And the Galaxy S II I got cost me the same. And I really like it.
  6. mystery250

mystery250 New Member

Lack of user replaceable battery.
  7. mcgraham89

mcgraham89 Well-Known Member

Main reason for me was the HSPA+ 42 vs HSPA+ 21
  8. Gvfjr

Gvfjr Member

Both the gs2 and nexus have a replaceable battery.
  9. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

I thought the nexus did not have a replaceable battery?

The camera in the gs2 won me over.
  10. gary93

gary93 Well-Known Member

Both galaxy nexus and nexus 4 does not have removable battery and sd card slot. I just bought my gs2 like last week, am happy even the nexus 4 has better spec. (Ps, I have a 32gb sd card and there's no reason for me not using it)