Why did you exchange your epic?

Last Updated:

1. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just wanted to ask you all why you exchanged your epic to get another one. What problems were you having? I'm on my second one and about to be third. My first one I got 3wks ago and came out of the box with dg27and would not update itself to di18. I did it myself but still I called sprint and talked to tech and they said it was a software issue. I have no idea. Second one came out of the box updated but freezes and backs out of apps. Also if I'm using wifi and turn it off my 3G icon doesn't immediately show up for like hours. Sometimes a battery pull is required to get the 3G to come back on and when it does if I'm downloading something the arrows that show something is being downloaded doesn't light up but it still loads webpages. I'm just worried I'm gonna get another one that won't update itself if I take this one back. I dont mind using odin but i shouldnt have to. What issues did you all have? Do you think if I exchanged mine now that it should come out of the box with di18. It's been out long enough?

Advertisement
  2. neogod

neogod Member

I can honestly say, I've had no problems with the phone itself. With sprint on the other hand, I had network problems up until I moved back to TX. Would I get another epic, idk. I came from an iphone 3GS, and to be honest, if I still had my unlimited data on AT&T, I would've never thought about leaving them. I was happy, and I miss my iPhone. It worked all the time, didn't have problems with apps, when updates came out, there was never a worry about if my phone was gonna get it, and best of all, being on a call didn't impede me from using the internet. Plus the battery was way better. There are things I do like about this phone, but in truth my next phone will most likely be an iPhone.

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

5 epics had keyboard input problem which im almost certain at this point is just a flaw in the device, one would freeze up & not respond to touch screen inputs as well as distort screen size. and the most recent had an extremely loose slider & keyboard issue so i brought it into sprint and after 2 hours they claimed to have tightened the slider and replaced the keys ?? anyway slider was still loose as shit and keyboard issue was def still existant .. i politely expressed how that was unacceptible & now im on 8 just waiting for the next phone 2 b released with a keyboard when n if that happens