• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why Did You First Come To This Forum Site?

Why Did You First Come To AF?

• Specific problem(s) with device

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Wanted to learn about Android, to read user's experiences with Android

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • Just happened onto the site, saw a link at another site, etc

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • AF was recommended to me

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Wanted to join the forums to be in the Android community

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
Well, this past summer my contract was up and I was looking to make the jump to a smart phone. I knew Android was getting really really popular, and since I was already on Verizon, the only way was to go with a smart phone on Verizon was Android. I found this site by googleing "android forum", this was the first hit. I came here only because I had gotten tired reading tech blog articles about Android, and in particular the Incredible, and wanted to see what actual users were saying. That was last July and I have been here ever since.

Upvote 0
I had a month wait for the backorderd Incredible and I just couldn't deal with it. Every night I was looking at the same vids or reading the same reviews trying to pacify myself. I stumbled upon this forum and found a group of zanies just like me hanging out and trying to make it through the wait. Making friends and having fun kept me here when my phone finally arrived.

Upvote 0
no body else would accept me!

actually.. i just go the hero cdma on sprint.
I had the HTC diamond and was using an app to do free tethering. I wanted to do the same on android.
i was on xda for windows mobile stufff... and started to read on android rooting.
someone referenced this site for more info and instructions on rooting the hero.

Upvote 0
I've known the advantages posting forums gives a person for some time. For instance I'd been riding motorcycles for about 10 years before I joined eSportbike.com. But it wasn't until then that I really started picking up all sorts of valuable tips in gaining horsepower, increasing fuel economy, and decreasing weight.

Same thing when I bought my Home Theater system from Axiom. The speakers sounded great out of the box. But when I became a member of their forum I learned invaluable knowledge about wires, speaker placement, room treatments and all the rest of it. My HT sounded ten fold times better with the stuff I learned on AxiomAudio.com.

So when I got my X last July I poked around on it for a few weeks. Scoured the internet for the coolest, most useful apps I could find, then I hopped online to find a good forum to become a member of to further my Android knowledge. And of all the forums that have helped me out with my particular situations in the past, Phandroid has been the greatest help by far.

I've learned sooo much stuff about Android that I never would have ever figured out all on my own. I honestly don't remember why I chose this one over Androidforums.com, AndroidCentral.com or any of the rest of them. But I'm certainly happy with this forum.

Upvote 0
Just purchased an optimus m and was on the search for a good forum that I could learn from. I looked at a couple other ones, and it seemed to me that this site had more everyday users than most. I like the hands on advice that more experienced users give. Plus the quick responce on most of the issues that I have seen is outstanding. Now if we could get the 2.2.1 rootable so I can go further with my phone that would be great. I think I will be sticking around for a while.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Just purchased an optimus m and was on the search for a good forum that I could learn from. I looked at a couple other ones, and it seemed to me that this site had more everyday users than most. I like the hands on advice that more experienced users give. Plus the quick responce on most of the issues that I have seen is outstanding. Now if we could get the 2.2.1 rootable so I can go further with my phone that would be great. I think I will be sticking around for a while.

Very good post. And I concur

Upvote 0
I stumbled across this site from one of two possible scenarios.

1. I had just bought an Eris which was my first Android phone. Before that I had a iPhone that was jailbroke. I was curious to see if there was something similar to jailbreaking with Android.

2. I had just got my Eris and was just looking for more info about it.

As I think back, I believe #1 is the most logical answer.

Upvote 0
Well, i bought my first smart/android phone in november (G2) and i somehow messed up on the setup process and was unable to download anything from the market. So i went on google and started looking for sites that let me download apps OUTSIDE of the market, and i accidentally stumbled on this forum. But then i figured if i ever needed to know stuff about the android operating system, i ought to keep this site bookmarked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones