• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do all IPHONE owners have to fight with me constantly ?

You have to realize Apple has an extremely advanced marketing machine.

They brainwash their customers that all of their products are the best and then they are hooked for life with no perspective or real arguments.

You could easily replace "Apple" with "Harley Davidson" and get the same result. In the motorcycle world, there isn't a bigger group of obnoxious, brainwashed, big-headed SNOBS than Harley riders. While researching and talking about the Incredible, I've been unpleasantly surprised to find that the iPhone crowd parallels the Harley crowd. The only difference is that iPhones are not obnoxiously loud and disturb the peace while still using 1940's farm tractor engine technology.

I have no problem in saying that for the first time since the iPhone came out, there is a finally a phone that is better than it. Unfortunately the Incredible is still in obscurity to the public. Of course the fanboys aren't going to hear because they believe that their product will somehow be superior in perpetuity. I'm sure MS with IE thought the same thing. I'm sure AOL thought the same thing. I'm sure GM thought the same thing.

Reactions: Musky and rhippler
Upvote 0
announcing_the_apple_iproduct.gif

Upvote 0
You could easily replace "Apple" with "Harley Davidson" and get the same result. In the motorcycle world, there isn't a bigger group of obnoxious, brainwashed, big-headed SNOBS than Harley riders. While researching and talking about the Incredible, I've been unpleasantly surprised to find that the iPhone crowd parallels the Harley crowd. The only difference is that iPhones are not obnoxiously loud and disturb the peace while still using 1940's farm tractor engine technology.

I have no problem in saying that for the first time since the iPhone came out, there is a finally a phone that is better than it. Unfortunately the Incredible is still in obscurity to the public. Of course the fanboys aren't going to hear because they believe that their product will somehow be superior in perpetuity. I'm sure MS with IE thought the same thing. I'm sure AOL thought the same thing. I'm sure GM thought the same thing.
Ahhh what are your thoughts on bose ;)

Upvote 0

QFT

I live in Milwaukee and can contest to how obnoxious and big headed Harley riders are (like apple fanboys).

I think I've almost lost hearing multiple times walking down Water St.

Upvote 0
I don't even like to compare anything to i(product), much less argue with anyone about them. I know what my devices can do that theirs can't and I'm happy knowing they have no idea what they're lacking. When someone argues or tries to argue with you about their i(product), I'm just prepared with facts about what they CAN'T do.

Like one of my friends said once: "You have to KNOW what you don't like", that is, be informed about it, it's the best preparation against iSheep. :)

Oh, and I hate reading on forums and product reviews when someone mentions how "x" i(product) was so "revolutionary" in comparison to what's being reviewed. Is it just me, or is it that the iCommunity likes to spout the word "revolutionary" around to glorify Apple's products like they're the only ones entitled to use it?

Upvote 0
I want to relax and have a beer but they would rather fight all day and night. mind u its not just the iPhone, its Apple in general. if they hear someone say "my browser froze " they run over and say get a MAC . if u had a MAC u wouldn't have those issues. its so annoying. the minute I mention the crappy ATT network they dismiss that immediately and say ATT is great. don't get me wrong. I think the iPhone is amazing. but the Apple heads make me want to avoid Apple for life.

I had a good laugh after I read that. There's a guy at work who lives and dies by Mac. He's tried to get my boss to change to it, but most of the software for the stuff we install is not compatible with Mac. A few years back I decided to get a notebook and asked a couple of guys at work what the thought of the brands I ws looking at. The aformentioned guy overhears and wouldn't you know it "You should get a Macbook. They don't need antivirus, they don't crash, they're the best for video, etc., etc." He popped his out and showed me how his integrated webcam had almost no lag, and how clean the unit looked.
So I asked him a few things. What does it have in the way of card readers, hard drive size, processor speed, and what does it cost. No card reader, hard drive and processor speed was half of what they were on the notebooks I was looking at, and price was about $600-700 more. I said sooooo, all that for a better webcam? Hasn't spoken to me about computers since!
Ended up getting an Asus with dual core Intel, Nvidia 9800 graphics card, HDMI out, plus a lot of other things I won't go into. It has a crappy webcam, but if I want a good one I'll buy an external with the money I saved not buying a Macbook.:D

Upvote 0
I don't even like to compare anything to i(product), much less argue with anyone about them. I know what my devices can do that theirs can't and I'm happy knowing they have no idea what they're lacking. When someone argues or tries to argue with you about their i(product), I'm just prepared with facts about what they CAN'T do.

Like one of my friends said once: "You have to KNOW what you don't like", that is, be informed about it, it's the best preparation against iSheep. :)

Oh, and I hate reading on forums and product reviews when someone mentions how "x" i(product) was so "revolutionary" in comparison to what's being reviewed. Is it just me, or is it that the iCommunity likes to spout the word "revolutionary" around to glorify Apple's products like they're the only ones entitled to use it?

The Apple mantra I am ready to go to violence over is "Real artists ship."
Apple fanboys use that all of time when arguing their point and it's kinda getting sad. If that is true, then how do you explain Michaelangelo, Monet, da Vinci (the man not the movie), and countless others? In 200 years they will still be widely known, will Apple or Steve Jobs, I doubt it. Calling yourself an artist because you made a computer or mp3 player rounded and white takes a big brass pair and is a slap in the face to REAL artists.

Upvote 0
I did not read all the responses but basically...

Apple fans are insanely loyal as, you have to admit, are a lot of Android fans. They're willing to overlook a lot of their platform's shortcomings because of one large - and somewhat legit - fact. Their system is stylish. It's very multimedia-friendly. It usually just "works".

Most iPhone owners have embraced the "I want to buy it, take it out of the box, and have it work. I want a billion accessories, and I want people to know how cool I am" mentality.

I can't fault them for that. iPhone is not perfect - but it's a single device for a platform. It's completely controlled by the OS vendor. It's "SAFE".

It's not what I want. The philosiphy of Apple and Steve Jobs is something I want nothing to do with. I want a phone that allows me to install an app created by some 10-year-old with ADD and a booby-fixation. I want to be able to install it, hack it, decide I hate it, uninstall it, and build my own. That's Android, and that's me. But I don't begrudge the Apple fanbois. It takes all kinds. We need garbage persons. We need rocket scientists. God bless the garbage persons and their iPhones!

Reactions: tsrdrum
Upvote 0
I did not read all the responses but basically...

Apple fans are insanely loyal as, you have to admit, are a lot of Android fans. They're willing to overlook a lot of their platform's shortcomings because of one large - and somewhat legit - fact. Their system is stylish. It's very multimedia-friendly. It usually just "works".

Most iPhone owners have embraced the "I want to buy it, take it out of the box, and have it work. I want a billion accessories, and I want people to know how cool I am" mentality.

I can't fault them for that. iPhone is not perfect - but it's a single device for a platform. It's completely controlled by the OS vendor. It's "SAFE".

It's not what I want. The philosiphy of Apple and Steve Jobs is something I want nothing to do with. I want a phone that allows me to install an app created by some 10-year-old with ADD and a booby-fixation. I want to be able to install it, hack it, decide I hate it, uninstall it, and build my own. That's Android, and that's me. But I don't begrudge the Apple fanbois. It takes all kinds. We need garbage persons. We need rocket scientists. God bless the garbage persons and their iPhones!

Love the avatar! See, androids love Apple, they are very tasty!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones