Why do alot of aps dont wrok on legend?Support

Last Updated:

1. Mange

Mange New Member This Topic's Starter

Why do aps like barcode scanner, gameboy emultors and like 50 % of all aps i have tried not work for legend but work on other htc phones?

It says somthing about need to re wright the bios and stuff like that....

any one have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

3. Mange

Mange New Member This Topic's Starter

4. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

Not had any issues with any apps so far.

Might help if you posted what apps and what problems you were having with such.

If you are unsure on how to use emulators, such as for the GBA, they do require a little effort by the user, although you might find http://www.roms4droid.com/r/directory.php?dir=gba useful...

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Ok, so if you read up on the emulator, you will find that everyone had to install that.

So now that's cleared, want to list the other 50% that don't work?

6. ridpath

ridpath Member

I assume you're trying to access them through the market. When you access the Market it reads the phone type, firmware and software number, can be found in:

Settings > About Phone > Software Information

If you search for a non-compatible application it doesn't show up, for example you have Android 2.1 but need 2.2 for Flash player, it won't appear on the Market.

You've mentioned Barcode Scanner, there's an issue with the Legend camera that means this app, Layar and some others that use the camera are not compatible with some HTC Legend. I say some, because HTC have fixed this! You should get an Over the Air update which will upgrade you software number to 1.32xxx. It should come automatically (phone will prompt you to download as it's a big file so wifi is best option). You can manually check for the update in:

Settings > About Phone > System Software Updates

Once you have this update, search the Market again and you'll see these apps. You can Google search the .apk file for Barcode Scanner and it will work without the update, other software (Layar for one) won't. My UK Vodafone update came about two weeks ago.

More info here:

HTC Legend gets firmware update in Europe, reunites with missing apps in Android Market -- Engadget Mobile

7. donnieb

donnieb New Member

Hey guys/gals does the "seeds of life" wallpaper work on the Legend?

8. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

9. inspirohost

inspirohost Member

Quick question: I downloaded the Layar app before running the software update on my Legend. It downloaded normally and then said "installation failed". I updated the phone when I found out that could be the problem but can't seem to find where the Layar file I downloaded went. Does anyone know which folder it could be under? I've checked several including Downloads but it's not there. Don't tell me I need to download the whole thing again...