• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why do apps start automatically ?

hoobness

Lurker
Jan 11, 2010
Let me begin with this.. the Droid is my favorite phone ever! Before this my top phone was my blackberry 8700, and i never once thought about the crap iPhone. Even if it was on Verizon. So that said...

I have app killer (free).

why is the corporate calendar starting up? Even after I kill it.. Ive never even opened the app.

I cant delete it either. there are alot of default apps that I dont need or want cluttering it up. I want them gone also.

seems i can only uninstall the apps I download. I want freedom to delete whatever I want.

It would be so nice if... when I hit "home" the app would close and not stay running, I dont see any benefit to the program staying "on".

**on our PCs (regardless of the OS) we have a choice to minimize or close the program. It frees up RAM, power, etc for other tasks.

MY RANT>>perhaps the back key could be used as a minimize, and home as a close.. I dunno, Im not a developer but it seems like common sense. It wont happen.

thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones