• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do I do this to myself...

SamuraiBigEd

Under paid Sasquatch!
Nov 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Every first weekend of the month barring work or other priorities I drag myself down to the gun show to look at all the cool stuff I can't afford and walk out with about $30 in jerky, sausage and smoked cheese.

I then proceed to lament about the rifle or pistol I would have loved to bring home with me and once I am finally getting out of the funk...the next gun show rolls around!

When will I learn...:rolleyes:

They had one of these there today!

gun-photos-2-08-024.jpg

SRM Arms 1216 shotgun-12 gauge 16 round

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Every first weekend of the month barring work or other priorities I drag myself down to the gun show to look at all the cool stuff I can't afford and walk out with about $30 in jerky, sausage and smoked cheese.

I then proceed to lament about the rifle or pistol I would have loved to bring home with me and once I am finally getting out of the funk...the next gun show rolls around!

When will I learn...:rolleyes:

Been there, done that. Not with guns, but other things like stamps and bikes. My jerky comes via mail-order. Especially around Christmas time.

A friend like to purchase a trim part or emblem or hub cap for the next car he wants to buy. His wife says it is wasting money. He argues that now that he has the emblem or trim part or hubcap, it would be a waste of money if he did not finish building the car.

Tricky, huh?

Oddly enough, he spends lots of time sleeping on my couch. Still not sure where the iron skillet shaped bruise on his noggin comes from. There must be a correlation between car shows and bodily injury.

Upvote 0
Few things as manly as a .50 cal revolver

Yeah, I gots yur .50 cal right here::p

Old 2 gauge shotgun: Lets go duck hunting!!! :eek:) - YouTube

Yeah, I gots yur 2 GA shotgun right here::p

World

How can you say no to any gun handling a .600 Nitro Express cartridge and producing 6 kilojoules of muzzle energy? Even though the cost per round is $40.00 or so, it is the gun a man's man's man wants to carry when he becomes a man.:D

Crane not included and perhaps you will need a custom holster.

We all know real men shoot million round per minute Metal Storms. Great for hunting 500 giraffes at the same time. It kills, cleans and turns the the critters into delicious G-Burger all at the same time, so it is efficient, too.

Metal Storm 36 Barrel Prototype-One Million Rounds per Minute Rate of Fire - YouTube

I kid . . . I agree, a .50 is a revolver people tend to notice. Even Jose Feliciano would say, "wow, that's one eck of a gun you gots there."

Upvote 0
Balck pepper crusted smoked cheddar, jalapeno dried sausage, beef and turkey jerky, beef and turkey sticks!

On edit: Wish I could like my own post this time!

Have you considered making your own sausage and jerky? I make sausage and I like it because I can control everything. Some commercially prepared sausage makers add too much cat.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I gots yur .50 cal right here::p

Old 2 gauge shotgun: Lets go duck hunting!!! :eek:) - YouTube

Yeah, I gots yur 2 GA shotgun right here::p

World

How can you say no to any gun handling a .600 Nitro Express cartridge and producing 6 kilojoules of muzzle energy? Even though the cost per round is $40.00 or so, it is the gun a man's man's man wants to carry when he becomes a man.:D

Crane not included and perhaps you will need a custom holster.

We all know real men shoot million round per minute Metal Storms. Great for hunting 500 giraffes at the same time. It kills, cleans and turns the the critters into delicious G-Burger all at the same time, so it is efficient, too.

Metal Storm 36 Barrel Prototype-One Million Rounds per Minute Rate of Fire - YouTube

I kid . . . I agree, a .50 is a revolver people tend to notice. Even Jose Feliciano would say, "wow, that's one eck of a gun you gots there."

Memories... Metal storm has been around a while at least 13 years.

7.30 Report - 8/7/1999: Australian inventor creates worlds deadliest gun

Upvote 0
I have a Glock model 36 (.45 subcompact) that I wish had ammo the price of 9mm. Walmart is probably the cheapest that in can find for a box of 100. Federal goes around $37 and Winchester about $2 more. Sometimes I go to the gun shop and stare at the Springfield XDm .40 subcompact. Better design and cheaper ammo. But then I give up the power of a .45 and the concealment of my slim line.

Glock 36
Glock-36.gif

Springfield XDm .40:
706397887872.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't own a gun nor do I have plans to please don't get me wrong I am not one of those gun fearing jack rabbits that thinks we should ban them or anything not at all. In fact I support gun ownership. I just know me if I owned one I would use it and then have to give up the freedom I love so much. Cause while you can't fix stupid you sure as hell can kill it :D

To all our military and our veterans I say Thank You.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones