• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Why do I get

KavitaDev

Jun 17, 2011
India
Hi All,

I am working on android project where I need to send SMS. My app collects required information by consuming a web service and this information is very short and pure text. This information is then sent in the form of SMS.

I have used broadcast receiver that will keep track of whether SMS is sent successfully or not and simply add a log entry. I have used SmsManager to send SMS.

My device is having very good WiFi strength and good GPRS network. While sending SMS, I have found that broadcast receiver inserts log entries, some for "Successful" and some for "Generic Failure".

Why few SMS fail because of "Generic Failure"? What is the reason behind this?

I have googled and found that some people are saying to turn OFF WiFi. But for consuming web service I need WiFi ON.

Can anyone give some insight on this? Is there any solution for this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones