Why do I have a "Slide" to either answer or not answer every Phone Call?Support

Last Updated:

1. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Title says it all. The problem is that it only started doing this when I just turned the phone off and back on. I have had the phone since release and it has never done this before. Does anyone have any idea how to disable this slide to answer or not answer feature. I dont want it.

Advertisement
  2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

I am not sure how to disable it. However I do know with 2.2 if the screen is off and the call turns it on you have to slide to answer or not answer. However if the screen is on when a call come in then all you have to do is hit a button. I guess this way when you are moving the phone around to answer it with the screen off you don't just hit a button by mistake.

3. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Glad I eliminated the screen lock before the 2.2 update!!!

5. danreese

danreese Member

If your screen is off, when a call comes in you should have choice of buttons, answer and ignore(or cancel.) Phone off back on, as stated, slide to answer should be only option.

6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

Finally! Got rid of that friggin stupid slider. One hand, touch with thumb, programmable delay takes care of those ignoramuses who think we do not know what we need. Sliders be damned. Useless as tits on a boar hog. thank you very much for that AppBrain tip.

7. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

I've had the X since just after release, and it's always had the sliders.

I've never done a detailed study (and don't get a ton of calls), but I thought the sliders came up when the phone was locked and the buttons if it was not. I could be wrong though...