Why do I have no data connection?Support

1. mudking

mudking Well-Known Member

First of all, my phone is rooted, but I've not had any problems getting 3g or 4g since rooting yesterday......until now. I just restored a bunch of my apps from a titanium backup I made on my Droid X. I don't know if the data connection worked after that or not, but it doesn't work now, about an hour later. I'm getting 4g in the menu bar sometimes, with the up arrow white but the down gray. Then, sometimes I don't even have the 4g there at all. I am in a strong 4g area and my wife's phone is right here working fine. Is there an app that I restored that could cause this? This is really bad!!!!! I don't know what to do!

Edit: I had already rebooted the phone and it didn't help. I rebooted 2 more times just now and my data is back. No clue what that was about. I'll post back if it happens again.

Advertisement
    :
  2. EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey Well-Known Member

Turn some of your antennas off and back on. If that doesn't work, restart the phone. Mine keeps getting hung up where it will loose a gps signal, WiFi connection, Bluetooth, etc. And not get them back until I cycle that feature. Took it in to Verizon about that because it happens a couple times a day, and they couldn't do anything about it because they couldn't recreate it.

Also, the Verizon rep I talked to over the phone said to turn off WiFi in the settings because the phone gets hung up switching between 3g and 4g when WiFi is on. I know that doesn't help you (didn't help me) but thats what I was told.
  3. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

got my girlfriend this phone, so I don't have 24 hour access to it... but she says it works fine at work, but here at home, it keeps going to NO DATA... I checked the map and it looks like we're right on the line of 4G and Extended 4G. And then there's the eHRPD (special 3G for TB) crash, for which there is some sort of temporary fix. I tried it and the phone does seem to pick up a 3G signal instead of just skipping to 1x and then nothing.

Anyway, I'm chalking it up to a combination of where we live and the eHRPD thing... we'll just settle for our slower-than-4G wi-fi connection at home, for the time being.
  4. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

My wife's phone lost connection and until I reset her phone and stopped the auto restore Google apps it did not come back. I am thinking that a market app crashed the connection .