Why Do I Have To Crop My Wallpapers??

Last Updated:

1. Cubward

Cubward New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently just bought my HTC Evo and already have a question about the wallpapers I choose to use. Why is it that whenever I select a wallpaper to set on my desktop it forces me to crop just a portion of the picture instead of allowing the entire picture to be used on the home screen? I'm making sure that the size of the wallpaper is correct, but despite my attempts, no matter what site I download the wallpaper from it still insists on making me crop just a portion of the pic to use. Anyone know how to help with this? Thanks.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. tmzbeme

tmzbeme Well-Known Member

because the wallpaper size is 960 x 800, resize them to that size and they won't be cropped

3. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

tmz,
    he says he has the correct resolution.

Cubward,
    if you are sure you have the correct resolution then try putting your fingers at the edges of the green square and pulling outwards in both directions to make the green square larger.
    also make sure that your image is 960X800 not 800X960 :)

4. Cubward

Okay, thanks. I already knew about pulling the green square with my fingers to make larger, and I was pretty sure the resolution was already at 960 x 800. I'll try again. Thank you again!

5. jasperwill

for some reason its really hard for me to pull the green cropping square to a larger size, LOL

if you'd like you can post the picture and im sure someone can make sure the image is the correct size/resolution for you.

6. Cubward

Just so that I'm sure I know what I'm doing... is there a way to set the resolution on my phone if that's the problem? I mean, most of the sites that I go to have me select my phone and the wallpapers are already set to fit my phone when I download them but I still end up having to crop my pics.

7. jasperwill

no you cant change the resolution on your phone. i cant believe i didnt notice this before, what phone do you have?

EDIT: ops EVO

also some sites tell me my phone has the same resolution as the moto DROID but i end up having to crop a little off the top or bottom because its slightly bigger resolution then my phone is.

8. tmzbeme

tmzbeme Well-Known Member

just because he says he has the correct resolution does not mean that he actually has the correct resolution now does it? ...especially if he did not know what the correct resolution was

9. jasperwill

Your right, sorry I didn't mean to be rude.