Why do I have to delete emails more than once ?General

1. headache56

headache56 Member

After initial problems with callers not being able to hear me, I got a replacement N5 and its been a fine phone. In fact great in many areas. Maybe an HTC One M8 is better but for me it is not worth paying so much extra for.

Anyway my problem - I delete POP3 emails coming into my N5 Inbox and then from Recycle. But 15 minutes later, the same emails are sometimes back in my Inbox. So I have to go through the same process again, maybe twice again.

Advertisement
  2. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

I wish I could tell you why (hopefully someone can) because I had the same problem. I tried K-9 mail and no more problem. Further, K-9 has a Select All option that I couldn't find on stock email that made deleting so much faster.
  3. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

It could be server settings are not set to delete once deleted on phone. I would check all settings on PC and phone and make sure those are correct!
  4. headache56

headache56 Member

Thank you.

Ah..I do have phone set NOT to delete from server when deleting on phone because I only want to delete on the phone.

I still want the emails to stay on my pc.

So maybe its insurmountable ?
  5. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

I keep my emails on the server. K-9 does not reload them.
  6. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

I never understood why there is not a select all option on default email for deleting trash etc