Why do my contact photos show up blurry on a call?General

Last Updated:

1. cth95mustang

cth95mustang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, when I get a call and the picture of the contact shows up (mainly FB photos), it's all blurry. Anyone know why, or how to fix this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

I think they're downloaded to the phone at a reduced resolution and then get upsized when displaying on a call....at least that's what it _looks_ like....

3. cth95mustang

cth95mustang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, that's what I figured. It just looks dumb. Not that it really matters.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I find using contact photos from the Google account work better than the Facebook ones since they are a decent resolution on the caller ID screen.

5. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

yeah but can you have your google account automatically pull the good photos from facebook?

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I use a vanilla Android ROM, so there is no Facebook integration. I have no choice but to do it manually. :D

Fortunately I only have 40 or so contacts.

7. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

I was going to start a topic about the same issue so I'm glad it's not just me. It's not like it matters but I hate the fact that the pics show up so blurry. I don't have a Facebook account *gasp* and it does this with picutes I've either taken with the phone camera, or pics that were taken with a digital camera then transferred to the phone via USB cable. Any way to make the picture show up clearly?

8. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Someone said to turn off Google Sync... that stinks if that's what fixes it, as having your contacts backed up like that is a nice feature. I wonder if you can turn off syncing the pictures....