why do my pics in the 'favorites' widget look so pixelated?Support

Last Updated:

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the "favorites" widget on my Inc and I upload the photos for each caller and the pic looks crappy and pixelated. Why?!

I've tried different size/resolutions for the sample pics that I'm using and still the picture looks grainy.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Limerick

Limerick Member

it seems to be an issue with the user-specified (uploaded pictures from computer/phone's camera) thumbnails, because while those are pixelated, the ones pushed from facebook are crisp as can be

3. kasper007

kasper007 Well-Known Member

I noticed that to, the pics for contacts look awful. Wish I knew why.

4. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Mine look fine, it only looks pixelated when you choose to sync with google. If added to just the phone and you use a quality picture from your phone for the contact its fine.

5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Deff a fix that should come with an update. I have the same thing, however my HD2 didn't have this problem. I'm wondering if the legend or desire have the same issue? Since there both running the same version of Android 2.1 with the newer version of sense.

6. VelociT

VelociT Member

I seem to have discovered a way of clearing the contact pictures up:

Tap the name of the contact you wish to repair in the favorites (or your big contact list), then go to the bottom of their info and tap Edit (Edit contact) so that you can change their phone number, address etc.

Next, tap the icon on the very most top left, it should be the photo you already selected, or the little camera icon if you have not yet set a photo for them.

Tap 'Photos', select the photo and crop to your liking. Save the photo, then scroll down and make sure that you save the changes to your contact at the bottom!

This should stop the pixelation, it seems as though there is a bug with using Photos app to 'set as' for a picture and the way it deals with resizing the picture to apply it to the contacts. It goes without saying that one should try to use a decent resolution image if you can help it, too.

Hope this helps!

7. Justin Fletcher

Justin Fletcher Member

Try this. Convoluted, but it's the only solution I've found that's permanent.

8. Lw00d

Lw00d Well-Known Member

they have to fix this. it has to do with google sync.