• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why do my text notifications vanish from the notification bar? Lollipop

Yesterday I was prompted to update my Sony Xperia Vz3 to Lollipop. I was excited because I love android and with every release I cant wait to see what comes next. Except this time. Everything else works so far so good, except my text notifications. I'm not having the same problems as anyone else, I've searched all forums high and low and don't seem to be able to find anything similar. Here's an example....
A text comes in, I hear the sound, I see the notification come up in the bar up top, then all of a sudden is just disappears for no reason. Usually an unread text leaves a number on top of the messaging app icon, but it doesn't anymore. I've watched it pop up on the icon then disappear just like in the top bar. And now half the time if I don't hear the sound ill never know I had a text because the messages seem to be on auto-read. I've gone through every setting a half dozen times, and nothing seems to change it. It is driving me NUTS. All other notifications are fine. They pop up and stay there until I make them go away. Anyone have any idea at all what's going on?

Update: it has been temporarily resolved, but it makes me very unhappy as to how. I had to roll back my messege+ updates to the factory original. Lost all my texts from yesterday in the process,my specific tones for certainpeople. And all of my background photos for different people, but the notification works now. If anyone could figure outthereal cause so I can have my updated messege+ back it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones