• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do my videos files disappear???

Gino34

May 26, 2011
I really don't get this. I downloaded a video file from a site and my phone asks me whether I'd like to stream it or download it. I chose download and once it's done, I am able to launch mx video player and I can select it from the list and it will play with no hiccups or problems. (as of yesterday)

Today, I tried to view that SAME file and it's nowhere to be seen on that list! I tried to refresh the program...nothing came up. I even went into preferences and made sure "show hidden files and folders" was checked in that program. (and it is)

This isn't the first time this has happened. What the hell is going on??? :thinking:

Why do files just mysteriously move around or disappear? Please shed some light on this!

Thanks!

I downloaded Astro File Manager and looked inside my sdcard directories and the video I'm talking about isn't there. I checked download, downloads, video and some others and so far zip, nothing, nada!

I wish there were a way to download a video to a folder I WANT and keep it there!! :mad:

Upvote 0
How bout /data/media/downloads? Give that a shot.

Nope. It's not in there either. :mad:

Can anyone recommend a better way to download videos from the web? The way I'm doing it doesn't seem to be working out. It really doesn't make any sense as the video clip shows up one day but it's gone later on.

When I hit my menu key and scroll down I see an icon called "downloads" (it's a green square button with a down arrow). The files are there but they say "download failed". How is that possible if I'm viewing them from my mx video player??? When I try to click on that file from the downloads page, it asks me to retry and download the file again! This is really ticking me off!

Is there a better way to download flv, avi etc from the web so I can view them later on offline? Any programs you suggest from the marketplace?

Upvote 0
Ok folks.....I found an app that works like a charm.

It's called Turbo Downloader and the reason I like it is because you can choose where you want to save it to. The default is /mnt/sdcard/downloads but you can change that.

I downloaded a music video as a test and there it was in that folder! Hopefully this program won't give me any future issues. So if anyone needs a downloader app, I recommend that one.

Have fun with you android fellas! ;)

Upvote 0
Hi, I recently filmed a few videos on my camera and they were saved on my internal storage. I checked them today and they were gone. However, a picture I took whilst taking the videos is still there. Does
Anyone know how to find my videos, I've searched all folders, they just vanished and I didn't delete them. Please help and respond if you know a solution, Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones