Why do official videos not show up on youtube?

Last Updated:

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that when I search for music videos on youtube, the official videos(which on the PC site of the youtube site are highlighted) don't search up on searches in the youtube app. Instead I'm left with a bunch of stupid fan made videos that are completely not what I'm looking for.

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Try searching on youtube from your phones browser

3. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

even then, official videos are not showing up either.

*edit* I set it to desktop as well and thankfully the video comes up in search. When you click on the video options come up of what method to use to play (Browser, Dolphin HD, tubemate, and the stock youtube player). When I click on the browser is says that flash isn't supported (they really need to release 2.2) and when I click on the youtube player, a box pops up that says "Cannot play video" with another message under it, "Sorry, this video cannot be played"

When I use my 3rd party apps, they have no luck either. Anyone know what's up?

4. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

Many videos do not have permission from the owner to be shown on mobile apps. They don't show up in searches and you can't play them. Friend sent a youtube link to my email, which I opened on my EPic. Got the message "cannot view video", so there really is no easy work around. Apparently the Epic Youtube app is being "interpreted" as a mobile app.

5. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

yup, user has to allow mobile use and embedding, and most official videos allow neither. before i got this phone I had an iphone and a Vevo app had just been released, so maybe its coming to android soon. lots of official videos on vevo