Why do people complain about the power button?

Last Updated:

1. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unless your nerves are damaged or touch sensitivity severely crippled, I don't understand what the fuss about the power button is. I've seen multiple reviews complain about how it's too flush with the rest of the phone and how you can miss it when you're trying to find it but I have had no such problem. I've been able to press the power button just fine every time I press it and never had any problem with not being able to find it.

Is it just the way my phone was manufactured that the power button actually stands out from the rest of the phone or am I blessed with good nerves? lol

Advertisement
  2. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

i have no idea. coming from a blackberry, i used the top button all the time to bring it out of sleep mode.

3. jtemple42000

jtemple42000 Well-Known Member

I was wondering this as well. I haven't had any problems with the power button, other than it being on the other side of the phone from what I am use to. The power button on my Touch Pro WAS flush with the top of the phone and I didn't have any issues with that one either.

4. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

i have had alot of problems with it,when in a hard shell case
    I bought a silicone case yesterday, and its ALOT easier to press now..

5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i think alot of complaints are because they think it's flush but REALLY it's just tilted forward on the foremost part of the phone, and not on the far side but kinda floating between the middle and side.. as for me, i got used to it in 2 hours and can hit it blind no problem

6. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

Cause this is the internets

7. habe

habe Member

I once had a Samsung Instinct (I know... what a piece of crap that phone was) and it had a power on button in the same place as the EVO. The button on the Instinct sucked because it was difficult to manage one handed and you had to press it and hold it for a moment to wake the phone but, if you pressed it just a little too long, it would shut down.

I really thought I would hate the EVO for just that reason but, find that I have NONE of the problems using the button like I did on the Instinct.

I'm pretty happy...... well, except for the battery life.