• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why Do People Dislike These Sunglasses?

I wouldn't listen to all these people talking smack... I have ALWAYS had a pair of Oakleys since I was about twelve years old (I'm 32 now.) And while they may not be the most stylish, they just plain work. They have an impact resistance rating higher than safety glasses, the optical clarity is second to none, especially considering they are not glass, and they are extremely comfortable as well. I had some of the original M-Frames way back when, and they had a tendency to break right at the bridge of the nose. I bet that Oakley sent me ten free frames over the course of the two years I owned them. Their customer service was second to none. I would be a walking advertisement for Oakley any day, as they are one of the highest quality glasses on the market. I'm sure that somebody with more knowledge or specifications about other brands will chime in and disagree with me, but in the real world they follow very few other manufacturers. And I have tried many other brands...... ;)

Good luck, and if I could offer any advice, try them on before you buy, as ill fitting glasses are a huge waste of money.

Upvote 0
finally actually looked at the link.

the color combo on those is kinda obnoxious, but with that said my old Oakley flak jackets I wore while running track were great athletic sunglasses. never fogged up, didnt bounce shake move anything, even during intense workouts, and they could take a beating.

between those my and my fives, oakley is one of the few sunglasses ill wear.

Upvote 0
I'll settle on dollar store sunglasses..

Heck, I thought 20$ was a lot to spend on sunglasses.

Also I think of sunglasses as a casual thing.. something I would would be annoyed with if I left in a class room..

But, not regret leaving what could have been a 4 new video games even at that ripoff store gamesop.

Or a lifetime of games on steam..

Or hell a new graphics card.

Or.. best yet, something really romantic I could have done for my girlfriend.

That said.. I don't judge anyone for their purchases. If you want 5,000$ sunglasses and your kids aren't hungry and your bills are paid go for it.

Upvote 0
I'll settle on dollar store sunglasses..

Heck, I thought 20$ was a lot to spend on sunglasses.

Also I think of sunglasses as a casual thing.. something I would would be annoyed with if I left in a class room..

But, not regret leaving what could have been a 4 new video games even at that ripoff store gamesop.

Or a lifetime of games on steam..

Or hell a new graphics card.

Or.. best yet, something really romantic I could have done for my girlfriend.

That said.. I don't judge anyone for their purchases. If you want 5,000$ sunglasses and your kids aren't hungry and your bills are paid go for it.

when you word it that way makes me feel like and ass lol :p although I do have a really bad habit of splurging on name brand stuff that I dont need which i guess does make me an ass lol

Upvote 0
Weren't Oakleys the glasses to have years ago? My sister's boyfriend had Oakley Blades back in the late 80's with the "iridium" lens. They were horrible.

new-vintage-oakley-razor-blade-fire-iridium-sunglasses-1b7d8.jpg

Upvote 0
Cheap wal-mart sunglasses used to be fine with me, until I got my Oakleys. The lens quality is head and shoulders above anything else I've worn. They're durable too. I've had the same pair for about 10 years now and they're still fine.

Oakley JULIET Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com

X-metal for the win. :)

Oh, and they were about $100 cheaper when I bought them in 2001.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm
I always find it funny when people say, "oh the cheap ones are just as good"....considering this is the line of work I am in (Eyeglass manufacturing), you're about as wrong as you could ever be. The cheap ones, are cheap for a reason. You go ahead and purchase just as many Foster Grants from wally world, as you would be paying for one pair of decent sunglasses. In fact I can voucher to say, you'd probably spend more money in the long run buying the cheap crap, then you would for a good pair. I like Oakley's, hell I get em for half price or free (every year when my voucher comes in), I also like Maui Jims as well.

When you wear a pair of decent AR coated sunglasses, with a real frame (not that crap at Wally World)...you'll notice the difference.

Reactions: 330D and Mac_Leod
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones