• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do people like Handcent?

If you ever think something is killing your battery life just check the battery usage menu item. That way you're not just blindly guessing what is killing your battery. I see so many posts on this forum that such and such app is killing my battery. Home++ for example, but when people actually go and check their battery stats they see that something completely different is killing their battery. My point is I would really like to see this user community actually start using the battery usage menu item instead of guessing.

What battery usage menu item? I can't find it :thinking:

Upvote 0
Tried it for the third time the last two days. Battery life horrible and LAG LAG LAG. Made my phone horrible to use it's deleted and my phone is running great again. This was the only change to the phone so I don't know if it's Handcent itself or maybe it's conflicting with an existing app, who knows.
I really like the app but it's the second time I tried it and it reduced drastically the phone battery.
Unfortunately I had to uninstall it. :^(

Upvote 0
I really like the app but it's the second time I tried it and it reduced drastically the phone battery.
Unfortunately I had to uninstall it. :^(

I'm a bit sad about this, since after reading all the reviews good & bad, I just am hesitant whether or not to install handcent. I just don't like the fact that users say it drains battery life and erases some text messages too?? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones