• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do photos look better on my S4 vs. the iPhone 6+

_surf

Lurker
Oct 4, 2014
A good friend purchased the 6+ a week ago. I have a Galaxy S4. I sent him some pictures from when I was living in Hawaii (edited, saturated, really nice-looking pics), and we compared them side by side. The richness of the colors in my S4 blew away the iPhone 6+. Even he was surprised that his iPhone didn't compare to my S4.

Is it the AMOLED display? I think the phones both have the same pixels per inch and resolution. Those pics truly looked much, much more vibrant on my phone than his new fancy iDevice. Lol I'll keep this thing for another year or two probably. It was crazy

Welcome to the forum :)

Actually the pixel densities differ (with different subpixel structures it's not so easy to sum it up in a single number though), but both are high enough that this isn't important. So the difference is almost certainly the AMOLED display. Although it can be adjusted(*), the default settings produce an exaggerated vibrancy and saturation. Many people prefer this, and it sounds like you and your friend are amongst them. :)

(*) though not enough for my personal tastes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones