Why do some files NOT show up over MTP?Support

1. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I just finished running TitaniumBackup. When I view the sdcard/TitaniumBackup directory in Astro on my phone, I see 40+ files corresponding to the backups I just made.

Then if I connect the phone to my laptop and browse the phone via MTP, when I go to the TitaniumBackup directory, only 3 files are there. :confused: :eek:

What gives? How do I get ALL files to show up? Is this some kind of "hide system files" nonsense like windows does? If so, how do I disable it? I want to make a FULL backup of the sdcard prior to installing AOKP. If it's only going to copy some of the files I need a reliable way to backup the internal storage.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

3. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

I've had really slow file index builds using droid explorer too, and that uses adb. Usually it works though, sometimes I have to disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it. Especially if it is a newly placed file on the sdcard, it wont show up right away on the computer.

glad you found a solution, I dl'd the app just in case I need it, which I probably will at some point!