• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do they... but we cant

damn so im the only one who thinks it would be a cool idea and then how is android running on apple hardware?

I am pretty sure I have seen an iphone 4/4s replica running Froyo on the macrumors board. It was obviously coming out of China, but it was pretty cool, none the less. They did a break down of the parts and the majoriy of it, like the screen, were matching part numbers to the real thing!

Upvote 0
well couldnt someone port the rom over?

The iPhone themed android Rom on the Goophone? Possibly but its still android so nothing like ios.

Plus there are custom roms like miui that look like ios anyway. Or launcher themes. If it means this much to you, get an iPhone.

Ios will almost certainly never run on an android device.

Upvote 0
Having the iOS experience I do, no big loss, IMO. So far, Android seems to do nearly everything (I can think of 2 apps on my iTouch that I can't find an equivalent to for Android), and do it in a more straightforward way. Apps are less costly (as is the device), and I don't like being locked out of the OS. Android gives me more control of my phone, as I learn what I'm doing, and I like that. YMMV, of course. :)

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones