• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do you buy? Hype or specs/capabilities?

What makes you buy a gadget?

• Hype, Cool factor, Popularity, Gynecological Magnetism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Specs, Capabilities, Failure to suck, Price:Performance

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

pestilence

Oct 15, 2008
It was just pointed out to me that some people buy gadgets or phones based on the hype surrounding them.

Personally, I have a hard time even grasping the concept that someone would do that.

When hype is a motivating factor in your buying decision, is it because people will think you are cool or wealthy because you have the latest stuff? Do people really do things because it will make people think they are cool or wealthy? If so, are those people still in high-school?

Edit: You saw it here folks - I just officially coined a new prase: Gynecological Magnetism.

yellow_warning.gif
No results found for "gynecological magnetism".

Its pure capability potential for me. If it can do something useful for me, and that usefulness outweighs any other kind of disadvantage (read: usually a physical design flaw/issue or cost), then sign me up. The thrill of having your hands on something early in its development is definitely a bonus though. And while I do not seek out gadgets solely for their exclusivity, there is something to be said for not being an iPhone/RAZR -loving clone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones