• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do you like GB over Froyo?

I like the dark blue status bar batter than the Froyo gray bar. My batrery lasts just as long as it did on Froyo, maybe even a little longer (unplugged 16 hours, normal usage today, still around 40% battery left). And my favorite thing about having GB over Froyo: people are finally done asking "When are we getting Gingerbread?"

Upvote 0
- UI Design is light years better than Froyo
- Stock Launcher is MUCH more fluid
- App drawer is better
- noticeable General Performance increase (moving between apps, menus, screens etc)
- Benchmarks much better in Quadrant

^^This, except for the first point (the color scheme to be more precise).

You know I had to do it Met :D:D:D

Upvote 0
What are the reasons you like GB over Froyo?

I myself like Froyo better. Color scheme is more my taste, keyboard is fast-no lag like GB, battery lasts longer, things seems to work better.

Froyo does not compare to GB. Gb makes this phone perfect. The colors are so much better and there is no lag at all with GB. Something must be wrong with your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones